Old Member coming back to be confused with this Forum. Need a little info

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi guys , Old member from like 5 years ago.

Wanted to start using this forum again to look for DIY and answers and noticed there all gone.
What Happen to all the millions of DIY's you guys use to have ? Did this website had to relaunch new and lost all info ?

I remember you guys taught my dumb ass back in my noob days how to obd0 to obd1 on My EF. now i dont see how to change oil.

If i am missing the correct link/Tab to find all the DIY and write-ups please teach my blind ass how to find it.
cause all i see in the 4th Gen section is 2 pages worth of help questions. 1 solo dash DIY

Thanks

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have no clue :/

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not 100% sure, but i dont think any threads have been deleted. What might be happening is Threads with out views kinda just 'drop off'. Look toward the bottom of the page and there is a little part where you can look back at threads from 30 days, all the way to the beggining. If thats not it, then i dont know.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know the mods are trying to merge and clean up a lot of threads. With so many BS threads it's difficult and they're very short handed, and have been for awhile now.

\What are you looking to do?

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know the mods are trying to merge and clean up a lot of threads. With so many BS threads it's difficult and they're very short handed, and have been for awhile now.

\What are you looking to do?
I was looking to see if there was a old thread already explaining. How to adjust EF/91 Honda Civic SI car door.So i dont have to keep slamming it shut. .

Also wanted to see the DIY on which cup holder/Middle console fit ( the space between the E-Brake and Cig lighter) any push in the right direction would help. Even if recomended to start threads again

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not 100% sure, but i dont think any threads have been deleted. What might be happening is Threads with out views kinda just 'drop off'. Look toward the bottom of the page and there is a little part where you can look back at threads from 30 days, all the way to the beggining. If thats not it, then i dont know.
I Did what you said, and the only Threads that exist start For the 4TH Gen section is from 02-27-2012 02:26 PM. 2 Pages worth of threads . My membership started 5 years ago with good threads that are 100 % keeper worthy. But evething is missing., NO Tutorials, Basicaly no DIY except a cluster, just 2 pages of help.

Only one DIY. Not even a singal mini-me 16z6 DIY for 4th gen when there use to be lots of info on this site (not that i need the mini-me just using as example)

Am I not seeing something where these threads are ?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could help you man, but I'm not familiar with EF's.

Try creating a thread, but don't submit it. There's a feature that will generate many threads based on your title of your thread. Keep altering it until something generates.

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's a start. Do an advanced search looking for threads with DIY in the title.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/search.php?searchid=3700661
I did what you recommended and it was a cluster fck of mix sections its alot harder to find things now.

(example)

This site has -interior section- every generation all mix in which made it extremely hard for us find anything because of the way people Write the name of there thread. Not all threads list what Vehicle its going into untill you click in the thread and start reading more info.

Now you can use the search but i have to list a bunch of words that related to what i am looking for. Bad part about that is that it pulls every thread thats been made and pull hundreds of pages still all mix with every generation. I can not put in my search 4th, EF, 1991 honda civic because if i was looking for a cup holder swap for my EF the start of the thread could of wrote as a header (up holder swap) with no specific year and class untill you click on that thread and hope to read more info and be lucky it was for your car.

I recommend switching things around to find anything you do with your generation car is in your generation section

(Example)

Strart Thread / First page
4th Generation / Stickies
DIY
Engine
Interior
Exterior
Then your common help threads

5th Generation / DIY
Engine
Interior
Exterior

6thj Generation / DIY
Engine
Interior
Exterior

its cleaner and no way in hell your looking at any thread that did not belong for the car you are interested working on.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I already suggested a revamp to the DIY sections about a month ago.

they're all buried in different areas.

personally i'd rather just see a DIY area with it's own subsections.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I already suggested a revamp to the DIY sections about a month ago.

they're all buried in different areas.

personally i'd rather just see a DIY area with it's own subsections.
That was my vote to. It would keep them all together and you wouldn't have to search multiple forums. I'm still trying to find a way to have them show up under one forum even if they are in other sections as well.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd be in to have just a DIY section. I honestly don't think we need to have "official" and "unofficial" DIY's. I think we just need a section for DIY's with subsections - BUT each new thread must be approved by a mod (to prevent spam or DIY's that are not very good). Thoughts?

DuckIt

Dseries.org's section works great. Subsections would be nice tho..just an example.

Do the "unofficial diy" sections even have anything in them on here?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dseries.org's section works great. Subsections would be nice tho..just an example.

Do the "unofficial diy" sections even have anything in them on here?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Its soo annoying when forums use a ton of sub forums, it makes searching much more complicated. I think it should only be 1 subforum for all DIY's.

And I do miss the DIY's too. I learned a lot on ClubCivic.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=130&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1
For example the FI DIY subsection has no DIY's haha.