Old School civic Build

GC11090

5+ Year Member
Well I wanted to build something different...so I decided to get this '81 Honda Civic 1.3 3 door. I am going to try to restore it. I have alerady drained the tank, changed oil and filter, cap, rotor, wires, and got a fuel filter about to change. I am in the process of rebuilding the whole carb. When I got it the butterfly valves were both stuck closed but about 2 hours, 3 pairs of pliers, 2 cans of PB blaster, and one can of carb cleaner I got that handled. Now to order the carb kit and attempt to rebuild the carb.

And a pic of my 99 ex which is my DD/Auto X ride

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man theres a bunch of these done up in the latest honda tuning magazine, so pimp if done right

GC11090

5+ Year Member
Im not 100% sure on my plans yet but step one is to get it running. I am thinking about white paint with red rims. It is going to be a low buck build because I am about to do a good bit of suspension and break work to my 99.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the project and keep us updated on it

GC11090

5+ Year Member
Carb kit is ordered, will be in Monday. I am hoping on having it running early next week.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres a couple of those in town...
def need a k..

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i grew up riding around in one of these, my dad had 3 of them he drove one and the rest were part cars. the things were so loud cuz he never had an exhaust. aww fond memories. cant wait to see this develop.

GC11090

5+ Year Member
So yah.....
Thursday I got it running, The gas tank is so gunked up so I had to rig it up with a coffe can as the gas tank. I was driving around the storage yard where I have it stored at for a little bit. When I went to cut it off I remembered that I messed up the ignition switch and it will not cut off. I un hooked the battery and it still didnt cut off so I decided to pull the coil wire.....and yall know where that went.....straight to the ground. Damn that hurt. Anyway after that I decided to drive it to autozone and the car wash. I made it to autozone. Then it broke and would not start. I tried to jump start it and then tried to push start it and it did not crank. So I got my friend and we pushed it back, feel free to laugh lol

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ha ha!

Thats an Ol' Skool car-build story if I've ever heard one!

Hey, I'm glad to hear that you got the car, and are going to carry forth this awesome build. Keep it carb'd. It will not be mega-fast, but it will suit the era it came from. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than a K!

Best of luck.

GC11090

5+ Year Member
Ha ha!

Thats an Ol' Skool car-build story if I've ever heard one!

Hey, I'm glad to hear that you got the car, and are going to carry forth this awesome build. Keep it carb'd. It will not be mega-fast, but it will suit the era it came from. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than a K!

Best of luck.
Thank god someone that dosent say swap in a _____. Its way to expensive and im trying to make a baller ride for under $500