Old Skool...

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is the 53 Chevy that keeps me sidetracked from the Civic at times. It's pretty basic as far as 53s go... it's the old 216 straight 6 cylinder w/3 speed on the column. There's no mufflers just a split dual pipe straight out the back (that'd never fly in cali). Fattie whitewalls, chrome moonies and mexican blanket upholstery. My dad and I also did the custom roll pans for the front and rear to get rid of the bulky bumpers. We're gonna rock the flat black for this year, we haven't decided what color we may paint it for next year. Hope ya like it, lemme know. =)

Last edited:

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice...any plans for a new engine or just staying with the straight six...that thing would be mean with a 383 stroker...one more thing how do you like the stick on the column

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
9civic7 said:
looks nice...any plans for a new engine or just staying with the straight six...that thing would be mean with a 383 stroker...one more thing how do you like the stick on the column
Maybe later down the road we may put some sort of v8 in there Probably 350 or 327 since those are readily available. A later model front end conversion may happen too just to add power steering and a lil more stability on the road. But, that's all later and may never happen. There's something to be said for the old technology, it's really a lot of fun to drive and just suck in how much different it really is. Changing that would take away from the experience somewhat. The stick on the column is kinda cool. I like it in the way that it's really relaxed.... but, that's also it's downfall there's no speed associated with it at all and if you try to do it too fast you'll get stuck in a gear. It's definitely made for cruising. ;)

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to see that thing in a gangsta old skool black! =)

I hope your ready to educate my meager mind on these cars this weekend!

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
matts2ksi said:
I'd like to see that thing in a gangsta old skool black! =)

I hope your ready to educate my meager mind on these cars this weekend!
It's gonna stay flat black this year.. next year we're thinkin of lettin Kip paint it, it'll either be the glossiest black you've ever seen or some shade of light blue, the top will stay white though. The show this weekend should be fun.. hopefully a lot of cars show up. 8)

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice man. you should roll up to the civiic meet in that! lol

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ben said:
looks nice man. you should roll up to the civiic meet in that! lol
I'm sure everyone on the highway there would enjoy following me at 50 mph! :lol:
As low geared as this thing is it'd be pushin it to hit 55. =)
Thanks for the compliment though. 8)

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a 327 would be nice in that..kinda like a honda a high reving f***cker...at nice glossy black would look nice on that