OMG. Another Miata lol

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's right people. I bought me a Miata lol. Still have the trucks and the bike but I'm Moving back to Texas next year so I figured I would get me a little convertible toy lol.

Anyway:

1993 Mazda Miata
103000 Miles
1.6L DOHC
LSD
GLASS Rear Window
OEM Floor Mats
99.9% STOCK only a short throw shifter on it that now has 30 miles on it lol

Don't worry there will be more pics tomorrow but this is the first as I got it.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I love these cars. No miles at all! Looks clean! Nice pick up!

This forum is quickly turning into ClubMazda.

Last edited:

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love these cars. No miles at all! Looks clean! Nice pick up!

This forum is quickly turning into ClubMazda.
i know right. it's hilarious.

only paid 3k too. its hard to find a miata around here for under 3500 and with low miles.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mazda mazda mazda!

Loving it!

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
That's a good deal! I've been cruising the local classifieds for one over the past year but they run 6-8 grand for an early 90s around here...

I love these cars.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
welcome to the mazda family hommie, nice looking car brotha

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mazda mazda mazda!

Loving it!
That's a good deal! I've been cruising the local classifieds for one over the past year but they run 6-8 grand for an early 90s around here...

I love these cars.
welcome to the mazda family hommie, nice looking car brotha
Nice find with low miles.
Thanks guys. So happy to finally be running a rwd car again. I loved my civics and preludes but I just love the go kart handling of the miata so much more lol.

I have been looking for a long time in the classifieds and online sites and after all that hard looking I ended up driving past this one in a little podunk town while taking a short cut around traffic one day lol. Stopped to look at it and instantly knew I had to have it.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Real Quick.

Just washed it so a couple pics.

Oh and just a simple update I guess. Nothing Crazy.

Replaced the headlights cause they were kinda dull
Replaced the wipers cause I don't like normal wipers lol
Replaced the third brake light bulb cause it was burn out.
Fixed the sagging headlight covers. Nice and even with the hood now.

That's really about it. Nothing really needs to be done to it. That's a first for my cars lol.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Best way to get that valve cover polished up is some steel wool. We did it to my buddies mx-5 and it was almost mirror.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Super clean! I think my next Miata will be white =)
Yeah I love the white, I Just have to remember to really clean my hands off good after I get done working on my other projects. Grease is a b**** to get off white paint lol.

Best way to get that valve cover polished up is some steel wool. We did it to my buddies mx-5 and it was almost mirror.
I'll keep that in mind. I havnt decided if I want to powder-coat it or polish it yet. The car is going to be white with blue accents. (black and blue inside.)

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10/7/11

Update for the day.

I replaced the front speakers since they were beyond blown. There was no foam around the cones anymore lol. Put in some Infinity Component speakers. (6030cs, More or less the same ones I had in my old 95 eh9 but newer lol) I love component speakers. Clean sound. Good bass (For a speaker), which is nice since I can't use my 12" Audiobahn anymore. Too big. I'll have to sell it and get me a couple 8"s or a single 10". I'll decide when I feel I need it lol. Right now I don't. The headrest speakers will be replaced Monday when they come in.

Anyway, Here's a pic of the old speakers and the new. (Don't worry. The speaker grills go back on tomorrow after fresh paint)

And just a couple interior pics.

Still has the leather tonneau cover.

Factory Option floor mats.

Hey look Gauges

Rockin the factory Panasonic tape deck lol. (Ordering a double din 7" touch screen tonight)

New short throw and suede with blue stitching shift boot.

OEM dual cup holder with coffee mug adapter

And of course. 80 degrees and sunshine tomorrow so this things getting a nice cleaning tomorrow. Engine back and interior more then anything. Breaking the simple green out.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice miata. white ftw!
Thanks. Yeah I love the white. Just wish I didnt have to get my hands dirty so much. It's a pain to keep the doors and trunk clean lol.

Just a quicky here. Simi-clean engine bay. Still have more to do but I only had half a bottle of simple green left so I gotta get more lol.

I also fixed the broken tension cable on the soft top and restretched the top but forgot to take pictures.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Quick update. I know it's been a while. Been busy trying to get the soft top to stop leaking. Finally got it to stop and the the back window started leaking at the zipper lol. Oh well. I found a hardtop for it instead. Ill Fix the s***ty soft top in the spring.

The top is off of a 90 so it unfortunately doesn't have the defogger window but I can change that later if I feel the need to. Other then that its in good shape. Just needs to be painted up. I also got the guys at the yard to include the side latch brackets and the Frankenstein bolts for free lol. That saved me another $80. I only paid $350 for the top!!! So much better then the $800 - $3000 plus mounting hardware anywhere else. Couldn't beat that deal.

Oh BTW. If anyone needs Frankenstein bolts let me know. I Just got them cause I could. My car already had them lol.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
That's such a good price, nice pick up. I say you should ditch the soft top all together and get a G-string. ;)

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's such a good price, nice pick up. I say you should ditch the soft top all together and get a G-string. ;)
Yeah. I would have been stupid to pass up on the top. Its funny too. It was sold for like two weeks before I found it. I talked tot he scrapyard guys and tried to get them to sell it to me. I was even going to give them more then they wanted. I had cash right there. They said they couldn't. It was promised to someone else who was supposed to pay for it and get it shipped to Maryland and wanted it no matter what. Well I gave them my number and told them to call me if the deal went south. Sure enough a week goes by and they call me this morning and ask if I still want the top. Obviously I said hell yeah I do and went and got it at lunch in the pouring rain lol. Bought it. one of the mechanics there gave me a hand and we set it on the car and I latched it down and drove away. Couldn't be happier with it.

I'm moving to Texas next year so having the soft top will be nice to have just in case I get caught in the rain or something. Plus the A/C works great so If I want I can still put the top up and use that if I like.