Omnis harsh in rear on 95 EX. Need advice

civicvette

5+ Year Member
Hi Guys,

I been searching around here all morning. I kinda already know what will be said, but figured id get a collective input. My 95 EX is on omni fullcoilovers (10Kfront 8K rear), with the adjustable shocks wound all the way down for full drop... Also have adjustable camber in the front, and also in the rear (the BLOX style ones). The car rides good in the front, but bounces like a mother in the back. I know its probably mostly from the height, but is there anything else I might do to deal with the rear bouncing other than cranking it up higher? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
weight in the back?? but if you do that you can crank it up higher

civicvette

5+ Year Member
I was actually thinking about extended tophats. I wonder how much a difference that would make.

I mean these badboys are adjustable... so it SHOULDN'T make any difference technically. Unless I am wrong, which I could be :D

Shadow Walker

5+ Year Member
Even with such heavy 10k/564lb front, 8k/450lb rear) springs you still need to have a certain amount of compression travel. Based on what i was told by King Motorsports, for the 92-95 civic that amount is approximately 1.5".

civicvette

5+ Year Member
ahhhh.. thanks Shadow. Makes sense. I guess it's either raise it up for better ride quality or deal with it if I want to be low.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i ran 10k/12k sports on my EK which is lighter than your car and the ride felt too soft for me. My best guess is that you (or whoever installed the suspension on your car) did not properly set the preload correctly. This can cause a rough ride and alot of bouncyness.

I know that early versions on omni's were always said to be stiff, but i ran the sport spring rates on my daily hatch and absolutely loved how forgiving they were.

civicvette

5+ Year Member
well I had a performance shop that does suspension work also tweak with it. I think it is, what it is.