One wheel isnt lined up & other problems

DeviousJuney

20160802_172841.jpg
20160802_172916.jpg
20160816_080820.jpg

So ill separate the problems incase anyone gets confused.

1. Every time i press the gas i hear a noise when i continue moving forward after a stop light. when the car moves fast the noise disappears.

2. when i turn the steering wheel i hear a noise as if for example ( a door closing slowly creaking noise) that kind of noise but only louder i can even hear it without the windows down. can even feel it on the steering wheel.

3. My car has a history of being in a collision (previous owner told me that the car has been backed up onto by a truck) I don't know if that is to drastic but the bolts to install the headlights are way off closer to eachother ,

4. My front right passenger side wheel is off but the left front is ok (Notice : I do need an alignment because when i put the steering wheel straight , she takes me to the left slowly) heres some pictures.

Much appciated to anyone that helps , thank you in advance! =) (Shes so beautiful)

Last edited:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
The creaking noise you hear when you turn your wheel you should check the outer tie rods and ball joints for ripped boot. The grease maybe dried up abit. Just like how door hinges tend to make that creaking noise when there isn't enough lubrication on the moving joints/hinges. As for #1 no way for us to help you with that unless you tell us what kind of noise your hearing or it's making.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Creaking noise could also just mean OP is low on power steering fluid.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As Diana said, you need to describe the noise with some detail to point us in a direction. Is it a grinding, thumping, chirping, constant, random, intermittent, light, loud, consistent rhythm, varying? Does steering or braking affect it? Is it only when in motion?

Everything seems related to the unrepaired damage in the front right area. Consider removing the front bumper and right wheel to inspect and take pictures of everything that seems damaged so you can get an accurate idea of what needs to be addressed. That headlight must have broken mounting tabs and/or bent mount points that might be easy to bend back to proper position.

DeviousJuney

The creaking noise you hear when you turn your wheel you should check the outer tie rods and ball joints for ripped boot. The grease maybe dried up abit. Just like how door hinges tend to make that creaking noise when there isn't enough lubrication on the moving joints/hinges. As for #1 no way for us to help you with that unless you tell us what kind of noise your hearing or it's making.
Its exactly sounds like a door creaking when a door slowly opens or closes , When i turn the steering wheel slowly it creaks like that loud when im parked going out

From the pictures it looks like your front right control arm is bent back. I had the same issue when I bought my 99 LX. It will not align properly without replacing the bent parts.

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/bent-lower-control-arm-replaced.228512/
Phew I'll have it checked by an alignment shop when i have the money haha. I was hoping it wasnt frame damage but in your pictures your wheel looks exactly how mine is so im happy thanks =)

Creaking noise could also just mean OP is low on power steering fluid.
How can i check my power steering fluid and where is it located?

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How can i check my power steering fluid and where is it located?
It's the reservoir under the hood that probably has a red cap, and is behind the driver side headlight :thumbs up

If it's low on fluid or if the pump isn't working properly, you'll hear a noise that sounds like a low pitched wine. You might feel the wheel vibrate too. You should be able to hear it even with the car on but stopped and just turning the wheel back and forth.

DeviousJuney

It's the reservoir under the hood that probably has a red cap, and is behind the driver side headlight :thumbs up

If it's low on fluid or if the pump isn't working properly, you'll hear a noise that sounds like a low pitched wine. You might feel the wheel vibrate too. You should be able to hear it even with the car on but stopped and just turning the wheel back and forth.
20160816_231435.jpg
Is it right next to the Orange oil pin?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How would i know if its low? Like how high does it the power steering fluid need to be?
There are notches on the outside of the reservoir that denote low and high marks. Gotta use your eyes. Use Honda brake fluid to fill it. It says on the top of the reservoir which type to use.

DeviousJuney

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats definitely the sound of being low on power steering fluid. The High & Low line markings are visible and clearly marked on the outside body of the container by the hose towards the wheel well. If its as dirty as the top then you may not notice it so give it a good wipe down and you cant miss them.

DeviousJuney

Thats definitely the sound of being low on power steering fluid. The High & Low line markings are visible and clearly marked on the outside body of the container by the hose towards the wheel well. If its as dirty as the top then you may not notice it so give it a good wipe down and you cant miss them.
Hmm is there any recommended power steering fluid i can buy? and a specific fluid for power steering?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Read the top of the power steering reservoir you were staring at. As it says, only use Genuine Honda Power Steering fluid, which is available at local auto parts stores as it doesnt have to be made by Honda but designed for Hondas.