onesikEJ8's Build Thread: Project Transformation

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Angelina "Classy, not Flashy" Build

What’s up squad! I have wanted to create a build thread for a while but I have some extra time so I decided I am going to now. I am going to start off with the pictures I took the day I got the car and show some pictures of how it sits right now. It has come a long way, but I am ready to make some changes as everything will be updated as I have new ideas and as parts come in! You will notice that my car doesn’t have the theme of a single brand or style. I am building this to my liking and putting parts in and on that I like, not because they are the same brand, but because I like the look, function, or just my personal opinion over another. You will not see me claim my car as being JDM or anything else, other than my personality.

I do not dislike any other makes of cars, we all love the same thing and that’s cars. We need to eliminate that hate and anger towards one another, and start showing support and if something is said that is negative, let’s have it as constructive criticism.

Mod List
Engine:
D16y8
Aluminum Piping into Stock Airbox
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
B16 Throttle Body
RSR Ex Mag Limited Edition Cat Back Exhaust
eGay High Flow Cat (getting magnaflow soon)
Mishimoto Radiator and 1.31 bar Rad Cap

Suspension:
Buddy Club Front and Rear Cambers Kits
Function and Form Type 1 Coilovers
Function and Form Lower Control Arms
Skunk2 Front and Rear Strut Bars
ASR Polished Subframe Brace
ITR 22mm Rear Sway Bar
ES Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings (Front and Rear)
ES Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Endlinks
ASR Spherical Endlinks
ES Polyurethane Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

Exterior:
Buddy Club P1: 16x7 +42mm
Kumho Ecsta KH22: 205/45
99-00 Front End Conversion
99-00 OEM Si Front Lip
99-00 OEM Head Lights
99-00 OEM Tail Lights
Fresh Paint As Of July 2011
OEM Antenna Block Off Plate

Interior:
Skunk2 Shift Knob
Skunk2 Short Throw Single Bend
Civic Type R Shift Boot
Civic Type R Carbon Fiber Bezel

Resistance:
EBC Front Rotors with Hawk Ceramic Pads
Stock Drums in the rear .. ughhh

Have In Hand, Waiting to be installed:

Have Ordered, On the way:

Want to order/buy:

Center Console Armrest of Armrest Delete (Type K)
Both Door Panel (Type K .. MINT)
Driver Side Power Window Switch Bezel (Type K)
Steering Wheel with releasable hub (Not Sure What Brand I Want Yet)

The day I got her . . . Yuck

This is how she is with the wheels that I just sold . . .

4/10/11: Function & Form Type 1 Coilovers, Function & Form Lower Control Arms, Buddy Club P1 Front and Rear Camber kits all installed

4/14/11: Final picture with the steelies, I apologize for the dirty car

4/15/11: 16x7 +42mm Gunmetal Buddy Club P1's on Kumho Ecsta KH11 205/45's

4/17/11: Rolling shot on the way to Street Wars 7

5/5/11: Mishimoto Rad installed

5/9/11: Painted Valve Cover (please do NOT criticize the bay haha ... I used the sock as a filter for a temporary and quick fix, I have a new set up on the way, should be here soon and I have a different valve cover getting painted as we speak.. and throwing my DC Sports 4-2-1 One Piece Ceramic Coated header back on)

5/11/11: The header I was going to throw on does actually have a crack in it :( right at the tab where it bolt to or by the oil pan (I can't remember exactly where it goes)

HUGE Update 6/20/11

7/18: Car was painted, just waiting for wet sanding tomorrow

7/22: Ready to assemble (should have it back tonight)

7/23: Got the car back around midnight so technically it is the 23rd, here is a teaser until day time rolls around =)

7/24: A Few Quick Snaps of the fresh paint[/img]

UPDATE 7/27: 2 New Quick Pics

3/23: Energy Suspension Front Sway Bar End Links and 22mm Sway Bar Bushings

I don't have a picture of them installed, I will get some tomorrow, but here they are haha

4/16: ASR Subframe Brace, ITR Rear Sway Bar Installed and I finished the dress up washers for the engine bay .. oh and replaced my ball joints.

Oh, and yes I know my engine bay is filthyyyyy but I just wanted to take a quick picture of it with the washers

4/20: OEM Honda Antenna Block Off Plate and ES Ball Joint Boots

10/9: New Pics
It's been a while since I have updated this thread. But, I am only updating with some new pics.. enjoy.. lol

12/13/12

Now that things settled down and we are fully moved into our new place, my build can now progress.

As of 3/5/13 ..

I have new front lower control arm bushings to install, oil pressure gauge and not sure which other gauge i wanna get for the gauge cluster bezel pod (lol) .. and thinking about what i wanna do next

I am looking to redo my headliner, and a,b, and c pillars

Motor hydrolocked and now I swapped in another d (money issues haha) and its tapping ... i think the oil pump is weak, there is a thread on here somewhere about

BoostN_ED7

Thank You!!!!!! for saving another Honda from being a s**t box, nice intro lots of pics, looks good

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha thanks a lot guys!!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that the car wash right across from the vision dealership? it looks really familiar and im from PA also lol

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha nah .. you know route 378? it's right off of route 22 .. it's on 378 .. youre not too far from me .. it's the saucon valley auto spa .. it's amazing haha

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh idk where that one is, just the one im talking about a lot of people go to since its only 4 bucks for a half hour and it looks spot on with the one you were in lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You live in saucon valley? I'm in Lehigh. More eastern PA people! :D

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks purp

1sik that's cheap!!

osiris yeah im like in the border of bethlehem, coopersburg and hellertown hahaha

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I might be going to Honda Day

and I'm from Jersey City. close to NYC

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
Nice. Looks a lot better. I hate body kits. But what type of headlights you get for it?

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna try my hardest to make it to honda day ..

xpttcx the 96-98 ebay black housing .. and well, the same for 99-00 haha

osiris nice!! I work in allentown

emerican .. there is a little bit .. d16y8 (i love haha) .. aem cold air .. si mid pipe, rsr exmag exhaust (limited edition), skunk2 intake mani with b16 throttle body .. skunk2 short throw and knob and skunk2 front and rear strut tower bars .. i think someone may have done a tiny bit internally before i bought it because i was able to do 80 mph in 1/10 mile which is even shorter of a distance than 1/8 .. i plan to keep the y8 and boost or possibly swap a b .. we'll see

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it needs a drop some kinda of f**kin bad.

lookin good though :thumbs up