Open Header

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Since you're in Cali, I dont think that would be a great idea personally.. Dont be suprised if you get pulled over

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he drove it to the shop and just got it fixed,

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's going to be hella loud

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should be fine just push the clutch in when you drive past cops
:D:twisted:

I drove about 15 miles with an open header from my house to the muffler shop in my Celica after I put a header on and it wouldn't line up with the original exhaust . The collector was too big and it was about 2 inches too far over.

It was loud as hell.

The floorboard got hotter 'n a mug.

It was cop bait.....roll by cops at an idle. :lol:

It can potentially cause your exhaust valves to burn.

It filled up the car with exhaust fumes when I wasn't moving.

Did I mention that the floorboard got hot? Seriously. I had just put down new JC Whitney carpet and I thought it was going to melt.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the header is long enough that if there was a vacuum during shutdown the air there is still hot. only if u run no header or only the top half i think it would cause a problem. its not too loud when cruising but duing accel or decel its loud as s**t

00hondasi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got it to work then to the shop and got it fixed. I got some hytech header installed on my car. Sounds mean, I will try my best to buy a video camera so you guyz can hear it. The only thing I hate about it is that I have a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust on my car and for some reason I can't really hear it that much anymore, its real quiet now. SUCKS :(

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got it to work then to the shop and got it fixed. I got some hytech header installed on my car. Sounds mean, I will try my best to buy a video camera so you guyz can hear it. The only thing I hate about it is that I have a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust on my car and for some reason I can't really hear it that much anymore, its real quiet now. SUCKS :(
What are you talkin bout? I wish mine was quieter.