Opinions on hood?

JohnE

Hi all, so I got this bonnet a while ago and am planning on having it carbon fibre dipped to go with the carbon Type R spoiler. What do you think?
Btw the car is a project that I started 3 weeks ago that's why its in primer and has no bumper or grill :p it will all come together in time =) also does anyone know if my headlights are JDM spec or USDM spec I have been told both and never seen a civic in Ireland with them before =)

Attachments

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lights are just aftermarket, black housing lights. They are not OEM Honda from any market.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Lights are just aftermarket, black housing lights. They are not OEM Honda from any market.
Mr. Baker is right. Those are aftermarket headlights in the form of USDM lights, being that they have the amber reflectors. The JDM style headlights dont have amber reflectors or even clear ones.

As for the hood, I wouldnt do the carbon fiber print on it. It just looks fake which will make your car look cheap. I'd color match it with the car and maybe consider a matte black insert in the middle of that hood recess. But it all depends on what your design scheme will be.

Last edited:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The lights I really like, any type of hoods other than OEM, I dislike. They just look cheesy.

JohnE

W
Mr. Baker is right. Those are aftermarket headlights in the form of USDM light, being that they have the amber reflectors. The JDM style headlights dont have amber reflectors or even clear ones.

As for the hood, I wouldnt do the carbon fiber print on it. It just looks fake which will make your car look cheap. I'd color match it with the car and maybe consider a matte black insert in the middle of that hood recess. But it all depends on what your design scheme will be.
Thanks for letting me know =) I'm not sure if I will keep it, it's what I had in the garage when I got the shell =) after looking around I think I will go with an OEM colour coded bonnet =) I'll keep the fibreglass bonnet for a possible track car build sometime in the future

Last edited: