Opinions on Next Gen Civic

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was just curious as to what people would like to see the newest generation Civic to be. I'm a bit of a designer myself, and I'd like to get back into drawing cars. But I thought I'd ask around because I'm a little curious.

So, aesthetically speaking, what would you like to see the next generation Civic look like? What would it be based off of? A new platform entirely, or a throwback to the 5th or 6th gens? Or would you like to see some specific design elements be thrown into the new chassis, from previous years.

i'd like to try and come up with an amateur sketch or something, to just give me something to do these days of unemployment. I can't promise that it will be good, or even remarkably real, but I like drawing cars so, blah.

Just want to hear everyone's opinions.

Thanks guys.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Interesting topic. I would like to see civics more the size of the older ones, but I know that won't ever happen. New cars are all so big now, although I guess more powerful engines make up for it. I don't like the styling of the 9th gen versus the 8th gen, but apparently its more aerodynamic so I guess I can't argue that.

I guess a throwback hatch would be nice, since the 5th and 6th gens were cool but the 7th gen/ep3 was ugly IMO. Obviously the VW hatches have been super popular and still are, so maybe a civic to compete? IDK just throwing stuff out. I'll add if I think of something.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think a hatchback version period would be awesome.

DTvn

The 9th gen looks like a Hyundai imo

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Interesting topic. I would like to see civics more the size of the older ones, but I know that won't ever happen. New cars are all so big now, although I guess more powerful engines make up for it. I don't like the styling of the 9th gen versus the 8th gen, but apparently its more aerodynamic so I guess I can't argue that.

I guess a throwback hatch would be nice, since the 5th and 6th gens were cool but the 7th gen/ep3 was ugly IMO. Obviously the VW hatches have been super popular and still are, so maybe a civic to compete? IDK just throwing stuff out. I'll add if I think of something.
I agree with you that, the possibility of new-age cars, downsizing, is very slim. But if a new-age car were to have design aspects of the previous years, would that make up for the larger size?

I think a hatchback version period would be awesome.
I don't blame you. Would you think a hatchback design of a 9th gen would be worth while?

The 9th gen looks like a Hyundai imo
I can see it. What would you have differently, for the next generation?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A hatchback would be dope but considering how the 9th gens look now, I have a feeling they would make it look extremely hideous. I wish they'd make something a little more "old school looking" too. The 99-00 bodystyle is my favorite ever.

I really like the CRZ. If only it ended up being a 4 door, I would consider buying one as my next car. I want something with 4 doors next though.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
[/QUOTE]

I use to do drawings for the police department, here was mine

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is that supposed to be a picture representation of you making fun of me?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love the latest Gen CIvic.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stuff I wish they would bring back:
double wishbone suspension
lightweight

I like the CR-Z personally.

Besides the weight, I like the newer civics. IMO the 8th and 9th gen Si sedans are sweet.

I don't know if this is a facelift 9th gen or a 10th gen, but its the newest version of the Si.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like a mini accord

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definitely an interesting look. The tail lights don't look Honda to me