Optimum Gas Mileage

Libuff

5+ Year Member
ok, gas price has just jumped to $2.97/gal in NYC... the mileage on this car is MUCH better than my old '99 Intrepid (avg 18 MPG)... but the last three fill ups average 31mpg... on the low side of the 30/40 mpg estimates... i am a bit heavy on the gas, but im looking to hear everyones expierences on getting the BEST Gas Mileage out of these cars... what would be the best highway speed to be driving (faster or slower)...

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Obivously driving slower, and not accelerating as fast would increase your mpg.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i get roughly the exact same as you, and i do aboyt 70/30 (70 being highway and 30 freeway) driving... iono.. i must just get on it too much

gas is $3.00 for 91 here

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
i get roughly the exact same as you, and i do aboyt 70/30 (70 being highway and 30 freeway) driving... iono.. i must just get on it too much

gas is $3.00 for 91 here
gas is 3.15 here for 91 (here is San Luis Obispo)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2kstreetcivic said:
gas is 3.15 here for 91 (here is San Luis Obispo)
s**t mayne, ima be there next weekend... guess who else will be there...

Team4R we're meetin @ my friends house april 28-30.. drop me a PM bro

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Libuff said:
ok, gas price has just jumped to $2.97/gal in NYC... the mileage on this car is MUCH better than my old '99 Intrepid (avg 18 MPG)... but the last three fill ups average 31mpg... on the low side of the 30/40 mpg estimates... i am a bit heavy on the gas, but im looking to hear everyones expierences on getting the BEST Gas Mileage out of these cars... what would be the best highway speed to be driving (faster or slower)...
The best way to concerve gas is to use the cruise control and pick ur battles on the streets dont race or try to race in traffic u will just waste ur gas tose are my experiences. My civic is 5 spd so they said it wastes more gas but I dont notice a difference if i am going 60 or 125 its all the same cause the accelaration is smoth on these rides so I dont think you waste more juice.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Libuff said:
I paid 2.75 but now that gas is expensive when people want a ride they pay "civic taxi service"

sl33per

5+ Year Member
Aren't u suppose to put 91 on the SI? It does say on the manual and on the gas cover... its just that 91 is 3.49 dollars over here in LOng BeacH, CA

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Hmm how much gas mileage does the civic get? My civic is at half a tank already and I only drove around 150 miles or so. I don't think im getting the best gas mileage. I dont accelerate like crazy, and this is like my 3rd or 4th tank, I was hoping for more gas.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
Hmm how much gas mileage does the civic get? My civic is at half a tank already and I only drove around 150 miles or so. I don't think im getting the best gas mileage. I dont accelerate like crazy, and this is like my 3rd or 4th tank, I was hoping for more gas.
I got 300 or so on my first gallion which is not that bad cause I drive fast a about 40 miles to work. Actually accelerating fast does not kill my miles what does if I use my ac and drive fast that will kill ur gas mileage. I live in az so you guys probably dont have to worry about the heat like me.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Oh really? Hmm here in seattle I barely have to use AC probably in the past few days its been very hot so maybe that may be the causE?

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
Oh really? Hmm here in seattle I barely have to use AC probably in the past few days its been very hot so maybe that may be the causE?
I only use it mainly when My girl or people who b***h about me not using my ac or its really hot. I just roll the windows down especially at night its reallynot that bad most of the time here just when I am sitting in traffic or the car was sitting in the sun all day. I have a sunvisor and I leave my windows rolled down a bit sometimes it helps.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't driven my Si around enough to know my gas milage for that yet, but for my dad's LX sedan, he's easily getting between 31-38 mpg.

The last time I checked, 91 is $3.59 in Riverside. It's probably higher now...

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
California gas is a ripoff.

Use cruise control too.
Dude and I am going to cali on the 2nd fo the weekend I guess i better take alot of cash wit me.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$3.49 for 91 in Santa Ana (prices dropped 2 cents!!!!!) and I've gotten about 25.2 mpg on my first tank.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DuH-ReL said:
$3.49 for 91 in Santa Ana (prices dropped 2 cents!!!!!) and I've gotten about 25.2 mpg on my first tank.
*sigh* I wish prices would drop even a few cents here. Last night as I was driving around I saw prices went up to $3.64. I think it's time for me to get a Costco card. :lol: