Osama Bin Laden is dead

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
amen.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
There will always be someone to take his place no matter what we do they have there beliefs and we cant change that only kill them but what is that helping when our troops get killed as well we could wipe them off the map but the us wants to make it better over there and its not like they are all like that but idk im glad he is dead but dose it change anything if someone steps up and takes his place what are we going to do just kill him to and just keep doing it 10 years is just to long and im at the point of all i want to hear is none of our troops got killed and its over other than that its just more news.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what's this about him being buried at sea already i thought we were going to string him up like a puppet and parade his dead body down main streets while little kids throw rocks and shout profanities at his corpse.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You guys who don't realize why everybody is celebrating his death have not considered the psychological impact this has.

Before this, somebody f**ked America's day up and got away with it. This has proven that we will never let anybody get away with it, and we have the power to enforce that.

Before this, Al qaeda saw their leader as invincible. Even the mighty America couldn't take him down. This is a strong sense of security. Their leader has just been proven mortal, and I'm sure every member of al qaeda felt a little less secure after hearing of Osama's death.

Before this, our military was fighting in the middle east, and from what I know, you have your ups and downs when you're over there... trust me, this was an up. Mindset is very important when your job is in the military. I'm guessing this was a huge moral booster for our guys.

Before this, thousands of people who lost someone in the 9/11 attacks were left powerless to do anything about it. Last night, I think a lot of people felt like a little bit of justice was served.

This event is hugely symbolic and has huge implications. I'm not usually one to celebrate someone's death, but this is an exception.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I remember the day very well. The plane that hit in PA flew right over our school while we were outside for recess. Glad to see he had finally been taken care of.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Joe and I are the same page because we have similar psych backgrounds. This gives troops a sense of meaning and purpose to what they do. Im loving his death

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm just waiting for all the conspiracy theorists to come out and say, "zomg you didn't really kill him".

But I'm glad the motherfucker is dead.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm still waiting for the proof. I don't even have enough faith in my government to tell the truth about something like this.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ :word: When i first saw the news i found it hard to believe, i would have to see proof in order to believe he is really dead...

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah you can't tell everyone he's dead and have no proof . and i don't think there will be much psychological impact on people that strap explosives to themselves.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think there will be a psychological impact. These people don't strap bombs to themselves, and blindly run into the streets. They have direction, they have leadership. When that leadership is shaken because they know that even their "strongest" can still fall, it's going to have a huge psychological effect. For now, I don't think they will be as strong.....but I do think that they will retaliate.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol made this a min ago figured id share

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a nice post all typed out. But, CC timed out on me and now all of it is lost.

In short though:
Took us 10years for one man. How many more years till we get all the tribal leaders and mosques leaders? We all know that someone has already replaced Osama and is calling shots. I'm not celebrating at all. But, how much longer are we really gonna spend in the region, we in theory got our job done. And, I doubt our guys will be coming home any time soon.

Save your celebrations for when we bring the troops back home.

Bitter sweet.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I, unfortunately, don't see our troops coming home until we AT LEAST get a change of leadership. With Obama being black, and having taken out Osama Bin Laden, I anticipate him being in for another term.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im like a whole day behind! i check this forum more than i check tv news. thx yo.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a nice post all typed out. But, CC timed out on me and now all of it is lost.

In short though:
Took us 10years for one man. How many more years till we get all the tribal leaders and mosques leaders? We all know that someone has already replaced Osama and is calling shots. I'm not celebrating at all. But, how much longer are we really gonna spend in the region, we in theory got our job done. And, I doubt our guys will be coming home any time soon.

Bitter sweet.
Finally someone else thinks this.

RonJ

Banned

Bitter sweet.
Finally someone else thinks this.
Then don't celebrate. That's your prerogative. Just don't stand in the way of most of us who feel some jubilation is warranted.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then don't celebrate. That's your prerogative. Just don't stand in the way of most of us who feel some jubilation is warranted.
:roll:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have to agree with this. I'm not disagreeing or telling anyone else they are wrong if they choose not to celebrate. One of my best friends who is quite religious stated that he was incapable of celebrating the death of any man. There's nothing wrong with having different opinions, I was hoping that we could all be mature enough to discuss them....guess not.