ouch. my wallet hurts.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so... my exhaust is trashed, right. it's just old and has a big fat hole and i'm afraid the muffler is going to fall off soon.

so i decided to get a new one.

so.. i just paid 991 dollars for a sp2, installation of lowering springs, a camber kit, and installation of that. i'm fine with the price of the exhaust, which was 490 installed... but i feel butt hurt about the rest. think that's too much?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
although installing it yourself might be out of the question... but for 991 dollars i'd rather just do it myself... all of that seems like it can be done in a couple of hours and a few hand tools imo. but not everyone has resources or patience to do it themselves, lol

any pics!?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well it depends on the type of springs and camber kit but considering the normal labor rate thats not bad for a shop. don't forget to get an alignment now.

oh and where's the pics :-p

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i woulda put the springs and camber kit on im not that far away.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i already had the springs, those weren't in the price, just the installation of said springs. the camber kit is skunk2, btw. 235, i think, for that. and then 125 for installation.

and they're not on yet. just bought everything today and it has to be ordered. so it's being installed on saturday.

i didn't think it was too bad. but i hadn't priced camber kits.

and no, i can't do it myself. i don't have the know how... and absolutely nowhere to do it. so that's out of the question. :(

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Melt said:
i woulda put the springs and camber kit on im not that far away.
i wouldn't have even thought of seeing if someone near here would do it. whoops. thanks for the offer though. ;)

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would have done it all, hell you could've too, you'd be 400 dollars richer. .

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you get sold on a camber kit for your s-techs? *shakes head* Lena lena lena...
Slept-n said:
i would have done it all, hell you could've too, you'd be 400 dollars richer. .
You gonna pull the tools out of your ass and give em to her so she can work on her car at the side of a Sacramento street?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ lol

thats why I said for some people installation by themselves is out of the question.

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Meh, should have installed it yourself imo. Im only 17, and im gona continue installing all the mods that are done to my car.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
i wouldn't have even thought of seeing if someone near here would do it. whoops. thanks for the offer though. ;)
yea next time you get stuff either ask me or put a thread up on norcalimports.com .... people are always trying to make a little extra cash on the side doing installs.

Im supposed to lower something next week for a friends boyfriend ... she still hasnt told me what kinda car he drives though lol

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Did you get sold on a camber kit for your s-techs? *shakes head* Lena lena lena...

You gonna pull the tools out of your ass and give em to her so she can work on her car at the side of a Sacramento street?
see, exactly. there isn't a place to work on the car, so even if i wanted to and had all the tools.. where the hell am i going to do it?

yes, i know. i debated, but what if it was needed? then i'd just have to have them pull it all apart again. i'm a little nervous that these might be lower than i wanted... but now that i don't live in the city where potholes blow tires... i'm not too worried about it.

we'll see, we'll see.

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
see, exactly. there isn't a place to work on the car, so even if i wanted to and had all the tools.. where the hell am i going to do it?

yes, i know. i debated, but what if it was needed? then i'd just have to have them pull it all apart again. i'm a little nervous that these might be lower than i wanted... but now that i don't live in the city where potholes blow tires... i'm not too worried about it.

we'll see, we'll see.
where'd you have it done?
SMA?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha.. was that just a really good guess?

yep, sma. and might i say that mapquest sucks. and i totally drove right by them and didn't see them. GAR.

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
haha.. was that just a really good guess?

yep, sma. and might i say that mapquest sucks. and i totally drove right by them and didn't see them. GAR.
lol.. your ass should be hurtin.
SMA is waaay overpriced...but they thats cuz they specialize in name brand merchandise.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tein STECHS are not very low... like 1.5inch drop or whatever.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i felt okay about the exhaust. just the whole camber kit thing irks me.

the cheapest i found the exhaust for online was 505 shipped.

oh well, that's what i get for being new to the area, i guess. i'm shocked they're still cheaper than the shops we were looking at in washington.

le sigh...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
Tein STECHS are not very low... like 1.5inch drop or whatever.
that's what i thought.. but they're actually 1.9 in the front and 1.6 something in the rear. :what:

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
i felt okay about the exhaust. just the whole camber kit thing irks me.

the cheapest i found the exhaust for online was 505 shipped.

oh well, that's what i get for being new to the area, i guess. i'm shocked they're still cheaper than the shops we were looking at in washington.

le sigh...
it's all gravy.. so how you like sacto?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
except that it got all hot today? it's been nice and breezy and cool and now we're back up to warm.

i like it. =) i just don't know anyone down here, so i don't get out and do anything. but otherwise, i like it here much better than washington. :D