Out of the Game?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^^Just go buy and S2000 like you've always wanted.....f**k the money, its only paper

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I sorta thought about this ONLY due to the profiling the cops do with imports. Ive already got a "mature" car. the G35 but i'll still keep my hatch as my legacy hahaha and once gas skyrockets up again.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Maybe its because Honda's are getting so popular, its hard to be original/creative. .
Dont fix up your Honda to be original, dont fix up your Honda to stand out, fix up your Honda to suit YOUR tastes and do whatever makes you happy.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i sold my honda because i wanted a change. bought a 240, which is a fun car to drive. now im about to go back to my roots, and pick up another toyota. after that, who knows.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I want to buy another 99-00 silver hatch. Having a hard time finding an all stock one locally.

justanotherEJ8

5+ Year Member
ive only had my civic about 2 months and im already ready to move on...its way too slow for my tastes, hell...my 96 accord sedan, automatic, with 186,000 miles was faster. thats besides the fact that the interior is crap plastic and uncomfortable. my biggest issue though is probably fwd, thats not fixable. a 4000 motor and leather seats would make me happy in my civic....but it would still be fwd which i am not fond of. right now im drooling over a stock 02 wrx, i would get a 240sx but i dont see many in good shape and i do not like cars that are a project just to keep them running ok.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Destroy is a grandpa in the JDM scene. :lol:

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
way ahead of you bro...i got tired of the whole jdm thing and how every civic started looking the same. i also got tired of having a four cylinder and the inconvenience of a lowered car. i was driving out to the country last night after a good rain and went through some puddles that were at least 5-6 inches deep...the tahoe was hauling ass through them but if i was in my civic i probably would have flooded the engine. if i didnt have my civic as my daily driver, i probably would have enjoyed it more but i just got tired of it really quick.

Absolut3Zr0

The Herman Handler
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The only reason I still have my hatch is back when I was 9 my uncle showed us his new car. A 1993 Si. I thought it was the coolest car since sliced bread, and only because he owned it. I now own that car, as he sold it to me 3 years ago. It is super slow and falling apart, but is such a part of my childhood I cant get rid of it.

But....I am trying to get this MR2 shell off a friend of mine to rebuild. The Si is great on gas but even my 250R is faster than it on a bad day. I s ay keep it for cheap gas, and cheap insurance (I only pay $100 a month and thats with a few speeding tickets) and get a few other toys to bring the smile back. My .02 on the matter.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only reason I still have my hatch is back when I was 9 my uncle showed us his new car. A 1993 Si. I thought it was the coolest car since sliced bread, and only because he owned it. I now own that car, as he sold it to me 3 years ago. It is super slow and falling apart, but is such a part of my childhood I cant get rid of it.

But....I am trying to get this MR2 shell off a friend of mine to rebuild. The Si is great on gas but even my 250R is faster than it on a bad day. I s ay keep it for cheap gas, and cheap insurance (I only pay $100 a month and thats with a few speeding tickets) and get a few other toys to bring the smile back. My .02 on the matter.
When we going riding? Don't you have like 2 bikes?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i also got tired of having a four cylinder and the inconvenience of a lowered car. i was driving out to the country last night after a good rain and went through some puddles that were at least 5-6 inches deep...the tahoe was hauling ass through them but if i was in my civic i probably would have flooded the engine.
Let's see.... SUV vs. small compact coupe... Hmmmmm.....

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does anyone ever want to get out of the Honda "scene"? For some reason, Im just getting kind of tired of Honda's. Dont get me wrong; I love my Civic. I always will. But for some reason, Im just not happy with it anymore. Ive seriously thought about picking up a 2nd car, as a project car to work on, and I dont want a Honda. Maybe its because Honda's are getting so popular, its hard to be original/creative. Plus, add ontop of the fact that the name we've given ourselfs as Honda drivers, isnt something Im really happy with. But still.....Ive always wanted to get into Nissans.... Discuss...

Get a 6.0 liter american RWD muscle car, its a nice change...!

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't like it then sell it. If you just throw money at something you don't have pride in, then you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. Cheap parts will do that to ya.

Try building a motor, get in depth with a car, that is if you like cars for performance. If you just like looks, then I'd sell and get something else as well. As some of you have seen, my car started out completely different, then I decided to get technical with it. I've had my car since 1997 and I can honestly say that since I put my motor in I've had the most fun with it ever.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Another reason is all the haters out there, I'm sick and tired of people f**king with my car. About a month ago I parked my car around the corner from a bar, and came back to find 2 of my tires slashed and about 100 slushies dumped over my car. It's just not fun after a while

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People don't respect Hondas. That's why they do it. If more people had respect, and more owners acted respectfully, it wouldn't be a problem.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think this was more of just a prank kinda lets f**k with this dues car. I don't think it was aimed directly at me as the owner. Atleast I hope so

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try 13 years.
11 years in the scene :lol:

But once you start having your own family... it's all downhill from there. Sold off my coupe and white GSR hatchie recently and I feel like my heart was ripped out of me. But there is no way in hell I'm gonna sell my red turboed hatchie. Gotta keep it around to play with on the weekends.

Nissian low-rider trucks was the thing when I was about to first start driving in NC. Then the Import scene came up fast in the area. Those were the fun days!