overheat but fan wont on !!

dasltc

5+ Year Member
wth problem ?since oredy change gasket head,thermostat,water
pump,reflushing the radiator,fan switch,temparature sensor,no leak,water was full all the time
yesterday driving out juz few km from home the temp start to go up until H
but the fan seems no on since my fan is working well
aftertat i try to connect the wire to the fan switch for direct turn on and drive
bac home
anyone having same problem ? while overheat but fan wont on

xpunkx281

5+ Year Member
mine did
ended up being the relay.last think i checked

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you needa take some time and spell to were peole can understand what your problem is but yea check the fan relay its in the fuse box under the hood if u change that and that dont work hook ur fan directly to the battery and see if it works

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you needa take some time and spell to were peole can understand what your problem is but yea check the fan relay its in the fuse box under the hood if u change that and that dont work hook ur fan directly to the battery and see if it works
Give him/her a brake. He/She is from a different country.
Check your fan relay, you might of accidentally shorten the relay.

xpunkx281

5+ Year Member
yeah..i had my fan hooked to a switch inside.and since i have no A/C and i can turn the fan on whenever i want, it works just great.It sounds shady and it probably is, but when i have the time i'll get to that relay.until then,you can bypass if that relay doesnt work

dasltc

5+ Year Member
where can i find my fan relay ? i knoe is from the fuse box,but i dont understand the japanese word,coz the car is imported,im from malaysia anyway haha
anyone can show me with picture ? EG8 D15B engine
thanks for ur guys help ~

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Give him/her a brake. He/She is from a different country.
Check your fan relay, you might of accidentally shorten the relay.
i did give him a break i said nicly to spell better so we can understand your problem better there is nothing wrong with that

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its will be the fuse closest to the firewall on the right side in the fuse box under the hood

EF Honda EF

there is a 15amp fuse(blue) that is a cooling fan fuse. check to see if you have a blue fuse that is blown. is it RHD?

dasltc

5+ Year Member
but if broken fuse then the fan is totally wont on rite ?
my fan is working properly,just when overheating then wont on

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but if broken fuse then the fan is totally wont on rite ?
my fan is working properly,just when overheating then wont on
if ur fan works regualrly then it should work when its overheadting too maybe u got a blown headgasket thats y its over heating

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
perhaps the fan is not hooked up properly? When I got my car from some guy he had the fan hooked up to a switch to turn it on and off, and the switch was hidden under the carpet until I found it and rewired it to the factory position.

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is a fuse for the fan under the dash too, it's a 7.5 amp fuse. it controls the fan, blower motor, and defrosters. you might wanna check that. mine popped a couple weeks ago and overheated.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea if the fuse is broke u got no fan but if ur fan works when its not overheating it should still work when its overheating like i said u might have a blown headgasket turn ur car on let it get to temputer and see if the fan kicks on if the fan kicks on then it shoud work even when its overheating check under the oil cap and c if there is white sludge(suggest u got a blown headgasket)

dasltc

5+ Year Member
but i have just top overhaul few weeks ago,tats why i feel very weirb
my mechanic say my fan switch wiring not good,have rewiring it
now i have try to drive around 3 days seems everything is ok
hopefully wont overheat agan,overheat give me alotz of headache
thanks for your advice