Overheat problem. Any help???

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Hi guy's Im back!

Lett see who can help me.
Today i was driving around, I notice my temp meter is little bit higher then usual.
before I took off from home, I checked water in radiator, in overflow thank, oil in motor and all was ok.

After I notice this uncommon happening I started checking the temp meter.
I notice its going back to normal position, then accending back higher then the previous uncommen level, again down but not to the normal position, then again up to a higher level.

I stopped and went to see if i could figure out what was wrong.
Water level in the overflow was normal, but i notice it was filling up to the top with the motor turned off.

i did lett the motor cool down, for my surprise I notice the overflow thank was empty, the water went back to the radiator.
I did drive home, and the car started overheating again. reaching home i notice my radiator fan is not runing. With the car turned on in overheat position while the fan should run, I unplugged the fan, and with a electrical tester I did touch both connection coming to the fan. i supose one is + and the other ground. But none of then turn the light in the tester on. I gues the fan has no current.

As i know, when the motor gets hot, the fans will start running by a signal from a temp sensor.
I feel the temp sensor is not working.
How to know exactly what is the fault?
And where is this temp sensor for radiator fan located on a B16a motor.

I dont see no oil in the cooland and no cooland in the motor oil.
I did check all fuse, under the hood and under the dash, all are ok I even did replace the fan fuse 7.5 just in case.

If the thermo is damage, can it cause also that the fans stops working??
When the motor heats up, i can hear the motor sound change and at that point the radiator fan should start, but it do not start.

Feel free to help me.
Thanks

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Waw 10 views and NO help. Im in big problem then.

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
It seems like i'm going to solve my problem my self. But I will keep on posting till I get it solve.

This morning I did try the fan connecting it direct to my bat, and it do work.
I feel the temperatur sensor for the fan is damage, or the relay.

But I don't know exactly how to figur it out.

Don

5+ Year Member
Try taking out your thermo.
Don't replace it. Just out

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your fan wont be on constantly. So you wont get power at the wires. You will have to turn on the car, drink a beer and let it heat up and see if the fan turns on at all.

The overflow tank going full to empty is probably because the thermo is getting stuck and not allowing the fluid to flow correctly.

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Your fan wont be on constantly. So you wont get power at the wires. You will have to turn on the car, drink a beer and let it heat up and see if the fan turns on at all.

The overflow tank going full to empty is probably because the thermo is getting stuck and not allowing the fluid to flow correctly.
i took have box a beer, and the meter went sky hight and the fan never started.
I know after the motor gets hot it will start and turns off, then again start to cool of the water in the radiator.
There is a temperature sensor for the coolant fan. When the motro get at certain temparature, the sensor automaticly turn the fan on. I think this sensor is damage. I got a temp sensor this morning but it did NOT fit. The wiering is the same. But what go's inside is diferent

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jump the fan temp switch plug to see if the relay and fan are working.
if it is working than the fan temp switch sensor is bad.

when u jump fan temp switch the key have to be on number 2.

the fan temp switch is plug in the thermostat housing.
go to d-series.org for more help

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
jump the fan temp switch plug to see if the relay and fan are working.
if it is working than the fan temp switch sensor is bad.

when u jump fan temp switch the key have to be on number 2.

the fan temp switch is plug in the thermostat housing.
go to d-series.org for more help
I did jump the wire coming to the fan temp switch. Now the fan is runing. But the car is still overheating.
I feel the upper host coming from the radiator gets super hot, meanwhile the lower on stays super cool.
My thermo is not working. It do not open to circulate the water. I open the iron plates where the lower host connects to the motor and i took out the thermo, now the car do not overheat anymore. But today i will install a new thermostat.

The Cooling fan sensor switch is right behind the thermo, and was not getting water at all, so it never reaches its temp to switch the fan on. That was the reason my fan was not working. The thermo is damage.

Thanks for the advice, it helped to get the problem.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did jump the wire coming to the fan temp switch. Now the fan is runing. But the car is still overheating.
I feel the upper host coming from the radiator gets super hot, meanwhile the lower on stays super cool.
My thermo is not working. It do not open to circulate the water. I open the iron plates where the lower host connects to the motor and i took out the thermo, now the car do not overheat anymore. But today i will install a new thermostat.

The Cooling fan sensor switch is right behind the thermo, and was not getting water at all, so it never reaches its temp to switch the fan on. That was the reason my fan was not working. The thermo is damage.

Thanks for the advice, it helped to get the problem.
Sounds like you heading in the right direction with the thermostat and temp sensor. good luck.

If this doesnt work, try having your cooling system flushed.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just just JUST had this EXACT same problem. You have a blown headgasket. What happens is that the bottom hose stays really cold and you don't know why... So I went and replaced the thermostat. Didn't fix it. I tried the whole jumping the fan too. My fan relay is fine. I noticed that My antifreeze would go into my overflow and spit out of there. It's a headgasket. Replace it and your headaches will go away.

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
My car is working good so far

Try taking out your thermo.
Don't replace it. Just out

I am at this state now. I have took out the thermo and there is no overheating more. The engine works even colder then its normal temp state. Is this good or bad?

I just just JUST had this EXACT same problem. You have a blown headgasket. What happens is that the bottom hose stays really cold and you don't know why... So I went and replaced the thermostat. Didn't fix it. I tried the whole jumping the fan too. My fan relay is fine. I noticed that My antifreeze would go into my overflow and spit out of there. It's a headgasket. Replace it and your headaches will go away.

I have new thermostat and new cooling fan temp sensor. But I did not install them yet. My car is working fine without them now. Should I still need to replace the headgasket? if yes.., please im new to all this, but its a advanture for me and I like it. Can someone guide me to the headgasket? I have a B16A engine

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if its working then your thermostat was stuck shut and your good to go now.....with the therostat out it will take longer for your car to warm up but other than that it wont cause any problems

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
if its working then your thermostat was stuck shut and your good to go now.....with the therostat out it will take longer for your car to warm up but other than that it wont cause any problems
This is not a problem for me, as on my island we are mostly on a 30 degree C. It will never be cold here. We do not use antifreeze

dynamic_Si

5+ Year Member
i have the same exact problem with my b16a...EXACT. i am going to try changing my thermostat when get up