Overheating , and not sure why?

ghost_xero

The Civic of Civics
i bought my car for a grand and changed the head gasket in about 5 hours with a friend....it was freezing out so it took that long...we did a few tests to eliminate it being the rad, the heater core and anything else and we figured it was the head gasket, which it was....if its a single overhead cam which i dont think yours is if i remember from my old integra....swap the headgasket and the mani gasket and it should be fine...if the issue persists..its the worst of all, a cracked block

twinbo

Jus another sedan
5+ Year Member
going through the same thing now. but i 1st want to wire my fan straight to the battery to see if that'll solve my problem because the fan isn't spinning at all. can anyone advise me on how to wire my rad fan to the battery? pm if possible, thanks.

RonJ

Banned
going through the same thing now. but i 1st want to wire my fan straight to the battery to see if that'll solve my problem because the fan isn't spinning at all. can anyone advise me on how to wire my rad fan to the battery? pm if possible, thanks.
Have you tried bleeding the cooling system?

To make the fan run continuously, unplug the fan switch on the thermostat housing and short the 2P connector with a jumper wire.

After you bleed the cooling system, reconnect the plug to the fan switch. If the fan still does not run at all after the system is bled, replace the switch.

twinbo

Jus another sedan
5+ Year Member
ive bled the system, and still nothing from the fan. ill replace the switch tomorrow and tell you how it goes. thanks

RonJ

Banned
First jump the switch connector. If the fan runs, then replace the switch. If not, the switch may be fine.