overheating probs

mattman3

got rice?
5+ Year Member
recently i cant drive my car a mile without it overheating one day i was driving home and out of no where steam started spewing from my engine and there was coolant everywhere on the inside no way to tell where it was coming from...i tightened all the hoses and put new clamps on hoping that was the problem...now when i take it out there is no coolant but the car still overheats very quickly and when i pop the hood the engine block is extremely hot but the radiator its self is ice cold...also my heat has not been working...help me out guys what could this be

Low.Civic

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck closed,swap that out for a new one,even a aftermarket high flow one and see how that goes.but if its overheated a few times by now you might be looking at doing the head gasket too....

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You might have a blown headgasket bro. Try not to drive it around anymore. If the block/head gets too heated, the head has the ability to warp. Get it checked out and see if it's the headgasket.

mattman3

got rice?
5+ Year Member
just picked up a new thermostat im gunna try that out and if its not that im takin it to a shop