1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Overheating

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by em1_coupe, May 20, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. em1_coupe

em1_coupe New Member

My 1997 civic is overheating. Fan is good, the sensor is good and fuse is also good. Had problems with wiring fixed that, and it was turning on and but out of nowhere it started to overheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Start with the fundamentals. Check the coolant levels in both the radiator and reservoir.

3. em1_coupe

em1_coupe New Member

I did the a coolant flush, but they fan won't turn on. It brand new, new sensor and fuse and also fix some one the wiring problem that it had

4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Flushed? Or did you mean drained and refilled? Did you bleed?

And if you check right now, what is the level in both the radiator and reservoir?

5. xaviertuquick559

xaviertuquick559 New Member

im new , how do i start my own thread

6. codyruffgsd

codyruffgsd New Member

Have you checked your thermostat? It could be bad and not opening so it can't allow coolant to get into the motor

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

7. 98civlyfe

98civlyfe New Member

System bleed?