Overshot it....

LXguy

5+ Year Member
I recently bought a body kit for my civic... the body kit was a universal 6th gen 4d. So, to make it fit, i had to do some adjusting. Once I got the front bumper on nice and tight, i realized that i have about a 1/2 in. gap between my driver side headlight and where the kit meets the grill. obviously i felt ashamed of myself for doing such a piss poor job, however i got some bondo and was wondering if anybody could tell me how to use it for my situation. I know that it is used for holes and rips in the fiberglass, however, how would i add onto the existing piece and still have it look decent?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you dont mind me asking, how come you wanted a body kit?

as far as the bondo goes...just try to do a little bit at a time...just add a bit, let it dry, sand it, then keep doing it over and over until youve put enough on to fill the gap...

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think bondo will fix the gap

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont think bondo will fix the gap
agreed. I think bondo is only supposed to be used for a total thickness of 1/4 in. anyway.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kit did you get?

i never heard of a universal kit.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
pics please and x2 on the 99-00...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a "universal" 6th gen kit is definitely sketchy since there are 2 facias to choose from for 6th gens :shock:

i dont think you can bondo a gap that big........ maybe fiberglass it :what:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You would have to fiberglass it...and that can be a huge pain for anyone that really hasn't done anything like that before.

With body kits, 98% of the time, you'll run into problems like you have...its just one of those things that is to be expected.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Post up some pics to better our thoughts..

And as the others said...Universal kit? I think you got screwed over..how much was it? you get what you pay for. Bodykits will fit differently between 96-98 and 99-00...no universal with gaurenteed fitment on both front ends

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would be better to just get a lip.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys just want pics to make fun of the poor guy. lol...this place.
it'd better help the situation..1/2 an inch isnt really that bad..i rock a front body kit bumper =)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
a "universal" 6th gen kit is definitely sketchy since there are 2 facias to choose from for 6th gens :shock:

i dont think you can bondo a gap that big........ maybe fiberglass it :what:
That word reminds me of fellatio :lol:.

Post pictures of it, I agree, "universal" sounds sketchy even if there werent two different fellatio's for the gen.

LXguy

5+ Year Member
well, the funny thing is, is that i finally got the front bumper installed the way i like it and had it on for maybe 4 hours. my girlfriend's mom backed into my car and completely split the bumper down the middle. I AM SOOOOO FREAKING PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LXguy

5+ Year Member
It turns out that it was a 99-00 R34 bumper. I went on grounddynamics.com and found the R34 bumper that i need and it's like 150 for the bumper. does anybody know how much it is for shipping?

Malfa

5+ Year Member
well, the funny thing is, is that i finally got the front bumper installed the way i like it and had it on for maybe 4 hours. my girlfriend's mom backed into my car and completely split the bumper down the middle. I AM SOOOOO FREAKING PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
consider yourself lucky i guess.

get refund and move on

Uric

5+ Year Member
Is grounddynamics a good source for a bodykit front bumper?
I got a bodykit for free from a friend and a front bumper wasnt included
Oh and to everyone that disagrees with kits its all about opinions
Some people would rather their car look aggressive and fast

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dumb people buy the wrong body kit and want to fill gaps with bondo

agressive

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is grounddynamics a good source for a bodykit front bumper?
I got a bodykit for free from a friend and a front bumper wasnt included
Oh and to everyone that disagrees with kits its all about opinions
Some people would rather their car look aggressive and fast
damn, rick rolled by the avi.

and nowhere is a good source for body kits. why have it LOOK aggressive and fast when you cant take the money you spent on a kit and put it towards MAKING it aggressive and fast?