Oxidized roof

Dom07rr

So my si is starting to get to big nasty white spots on my roof any ideas. Should I repaint it wrap it or paint black let me know if I should do one of those things or if you have a better idea thanks

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like the clear is coming off.
Yep, sounds like it to me, too. If that's the case, do not wet sand it with 1000 grit. I did, and now my hood looks like s**t. It's just going to need to be repainted, more than likely.

Dom07rr

Yea I think so I've seen it on every Fiji blue si so far Honda offered to pay half which in my opinion is still way too much $600. Do you have any better suggestion I rather put those $600 towards my flashpro but I love my car and hate seeing it like that

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sand it and repaint it...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If u waxed your car regularly u wouldnt have to worry about the clear drying out

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Dom07rr

I do wax regular from what I've been hearing I guess that year used a cheap water based paint

UMADBRO?

You really only have two choices... Either sand and paint it YOURSELF, OR Find a cheap paint shop to just sand and paint where the clear is coming off. But if they don't paint match correctly, you are SOL and have a 2 tone car. lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's called clear coat failure. Only way to fix it is to sand it all the way off and repaint.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure to take of your paint if you get it repainted..5 years is a pretty short time for clear to start oxidizing IMO..the clear on my 07 is still perfect and it sat in the CA heat for 4 years

Dom07rr

yea think think im going to sand and repaint black i dont want to shades of blue. have you any of you seen a wrapped roof does it look good

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plasti-dip it and if you don't like the look just take it off

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member