Oxygen Sensor Wire Question...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 2000 Civic LX, and I just put on a header I got off my friend, its a 4-2-1 two peice header. It has two holes for the O2 sensors. The second O2 sensor, the one on the bottom part of the header, doesnt reach to where the hole is for the sensor. To make it longer, I should be able to just splice into the wires, and use regular ecectrical wire to make it longer, as long as I keep the same wires going to the same place, right? Just as long as I use the same guage wire, I should be ok, right? The sensor sits right next to the axels, and the plug is up right behind the radiator...

D97CIVIC

5+ Year Member
Yes, your exactly right. Make sure you use a wire butt that will not change the restriction of the flow.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone have any idea what guage the wire is? It looks like its about 20 guage or so, but Im not 100% sure. I have a bunch of 16 guage wire...that should work fine tho...right?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be careful not to let it light on fire..
heat treated wire is a good idea..
chris

D97CIVIC

5+ Year Member
Yeah and be sure to use heat shrink over the butt connecters. Electrical tape will melt that close to the exhaust. And you dont want water in there.