P02 ECU what is it???? no scan tool works!!!

eurotuner008

5+ Year Member
i have a civic with a b16 swap from del sol and i have a check engine light but when i hook it up to the scan tool nothing reads what is this ecu? and i have a p 28 is that a better ecu? and my last question i got an arm rest for the car but it is light gray and i have a dark grey car is there a way i can make it to match the other interior pieces?

YAYO951

YAYO951
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well U Have An Obd2 Reader
And As For The P28 U Need A Obd1 Reader
Or There Is A Diy Thing
So Baisically U Need A Obd1 Reader

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a civic with a b16 swap from del sol and i have a check engine light but when i hook it up to the scan tool nothing reads what is this ecu? and i have a p 28 is that a better ecu? and my last question i got an arm rest for the car but it is light gray and i have a dark grey car is there a way i can make it to match the other interior pieces?
P02 ecu? Never heard of it. But yes the p28 will be better. But, p30 will be best since its the original ecu for your motor. But the p28 will work just the same.

paczek

5+ Year Member
okay thanks im gonna get on the look out for a p30 but when i look at me wires connecting toi the ecu theres like an adapter is that becauuse it is connected to a obd1 ecu

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay thanks im gonna get on the look out for a p30 but when i look at me wires connecting toi the ecu theres like an adapter is that becauuse it is connected to a obd1 ecu
It has an obd2 to obd1 conversion pigtail. Since the motor is obd1 and you need to use an obd1 ecu and your wiring is obd2 you need that pigtail so its ok that its there. You need that harness there.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whoa whoa! Is there 2 people here asking the same question or you 2 helping eachother out? Lol seems like there's 2 people replying.

Anyways, I thought del sols stopped at 94. Either way if its a b16a3 from the del sol its obd1 from what I remember. Anyone correct me if am wrong.

Unless you have an edm del sol b16 which I think they came b16a2. I think those came obd2. Check your stamp on the block.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the stamp on the block says b16a but online i read its the a2 but i dont know
If its a b16a without any number after the (A) then its a jdm motor. They come in either obd1 or obd2 but if you're certain it came from a del sol then it still obd1.