P2127 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor: '12 Civic

20Civic12

So we had our first snow fall this year and my 2012 civic did a little accidental "off-roading". It started sliding coming down a hill and the traction control was going crazy. So once I was firmly in the grasp of the roadside ditch, I of course tried several times just driving it out. Traction control doesn't work when your stuck. When your not thinking to turn it off, I just kept spinning tires until suddenly VSA tripped, Emission trip, and power steering trip, and of course check engine light is on. Finally got the car out of the ditch and drove it home and seemed to drive fine. Next day started fine, drove it a bit and lights and warnings disappear. I commute with this car 100 miles a day. Drove it to work first day after the incident and had no problems. Second day all warnings come back on and car goes into limp mode. So I'm stranded with car and I attempted ecm reset by disconnecting battery terminals and touching them together for 10 seconds. That seemed to work. For about 50 miles. Then all lights come back on and limp mode once again. I shut car off and restarted, and it idles fine but this time I have no throttle what so ever. Pressing pedal down continuously and fully results in absolutely nothing. Did the whole reset again and this time all warnings come back immediately and still no throttle. Then while pumping gas pedal it suddenly starts working. But holding pedal down rpms were erratic. Couldn't hold like 2500 rpms it was sort of just bouncing around. Shut it off and started several times pumped pedal several hundred times. Did another reset, suddenly everything started working and then hauled as to the house. Pulled codes and this code appeared P2127. Now this is for the TPS. My thinking has all been about what could of been damaged going off the road. The TPS wouldn't of been damaged because of this. It wasn't like I wrecked, I just slid off the road. I'm hesitant to order this part, (new electronic gas pedal) it's $80 on Rock. Sorry for the long story. I hate stealerships. I'd rather throw money at new parts and be wrong, then give them $100 a hour even more for parts and half the time they still don't fix your issues. I'm probably going to order it but thought I would join a club and see what you diy'ers think!! Thanks for reading..

20Civic12

I will definitely give that try. Probably take a can of air and blow it out good. That makes sense because I'm sure there was quite bit of snow drug in the car that night. Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if that works.