p28 chipped w/skunk2 b16a gen2 99 civic UBERDATA, ECU GURUS HELP

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok here is my problem. I have a jdm b16a gen2 (obd1) motor. With just an intake and exhaust for now until the turbo is done. I just bought a chipped usdm p28 with the skunk2 chip. I have read that this chip just dumps a lot of fuel in which I don't want. I have a new eprom that I am going to burn a new map on. My question is I just downloaded the uberdata 1.66 and in the software it has maps and one that I saw was the p30 map. This map that comes with this program is it a good map? Or does someone have one that I can download and burn on a new emprom I have? I know a good dyno tune would solve my problems but I am putting the car together and when I finally start it up I want to have a decent map running the car. If I am not mistaken I believe the jdm motors don't come with knock sensors, but I may be wrong. So is that a good thing to disable or better to wire one in? Thanks
Justin

edit forgot to tell you but I don't think it matters the b16 motor is going in a 99 civic coupe which I already have the jumper harness.

ChewiSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just burn a stock map onto it and you'll be fine.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ChewiSi said:
just burn a stock map onto it and you'll be fine.
Where can I get a basemap??? It will have to be the map from a p30 ecu but where can I get the .bin file at?

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
Where can I get a basemap??? It will have to be the map from a p30 ecu but where can I get the .bin file at?

In uberdata.
> Open Stock GSR
> Import P30
> Turn off knock sensor
> Move vtec points to 5500 engage, 5400 disengage.

File save as "B16_P28"

Burn chip > Done.