P2P ECU into an LS Vtec?

Alex_fl05

Hey so I'm putting in a swap into my 00 EM1 Si Civic. I have LS B18A1 rebuilt block, JDM B16A head, and I just have a P2P ecu. I have an ex OBD2a engine harness. I'm hecka tight on my budget, I can't even get better flywheel n clutch :(

So what problems will there be with a P2P ecu in this swap? None? Lolz. And P2P can't get a different basemap or anything right?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correct, you can't tune/chip a P2P. And it wouldn't be wise to run a single cam computer on a dual cam motor.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Correct, you can't tune/chip a P2P. And it wouldn't be wise to run a single cam computer on a dual cam motor.
This. It's not a single cam. It's going to likely run rich to compensate for fuel saturation. It will also run like complete s**t. Your best bet is to pair the motor with the ecu and harness from the chassis it was originally pulled from (Del Sol chassis/motor, Del Sol ECU/harness etc.). So, if it's the head from your EM1, get ahold of the EM1's ecu/harness. Makes things easier, and will make life a lot easier with smog inspection (if you're trying to go legit that is).

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's really not a whole lot of money to go find like a P28 and a jumper harness. That's what all of my friends run (as well as me). Or go find a P72 if you don't want to run an OB1 computer.

Although if you're planning to tune this thing, it's highly recommended to go OBD1.

Alex_fl05

I won't tune it, I'm too friggen tight on $$$. I have a obd2a ex harness 1997. Except why would I go P72 instead of P2T?
With P72 won't I have any butterfly problems? The IM is a Blox with custom IAVs .
I'm just thinking.. wouldn't P2T have less nuisance?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh wow. I for some reason thought you were running a GSR head. My bad :oops: I was thinking of my buddies LSV setup.