P2P->P28 idles at 2700 RPM O.o

Gecko

need help!
I have 97 Civic EX, d16y8 (from 2000, original one died at 190k miles), short arm intake, cat-back exhaust, headers, standard boltons...
I got my hands on P28 ecu, got it chipped, got OBD2 to OBD1 harness for my year(97), plugged everything in and my idle goes up to 2700 and stays there. I look around on forums and can't find any info on problems like that...
if any one has any idea on how to fix that, please help! any info will be appreciated!

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
need help!
I have 97 Civic EX, d16y8 (from 2000, original one died at 190k miles), short arm intake, cat-back exhaust, headers, standard boltons...
I got my hands on P28 ecu, got it chipped, got OBD2 to OBD1 harness for my year(97), plugged everything in and my idle goes up to 2700 and stays there. I look around on forums and can't find any info on problems like that...
if any one has any idea on how to fix that, please help! any info will be appreciated!
I would say to eliminate the ecu or the jumper harness being the problem. Take and put your old ecu on and see what happens?

Gecko

it works fine with old p2p... could it be that idle control sensor is not recognized by p28?

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it works fine with old p2p... could it be that idle control sensor is not recognized by p28?
Na its probably the jumper harness not getting the connection . I had the same problem with the last harness i had. Use an ohm metter and test all the connections to make sure one of the wires on the harness isnt faulty.