P30 intake manifold and throttle body or Type R intake manifold and throttle body

EG2 LX

okay i need opionion, im running a 2ND GEN B16A. i am currently running the stock intake manifold and throttle body, a buddy of mine is willing to sell me his throttle body and intake manifold off of his jdm B16B motor, im runnning basic bolt ons, what would make more power for my motor sticking with the b16a stuff or throwing on a b16b throttle body and intake manifold?

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
it would help it breath better and possible be better on the top end. I know skunk2 are copys of the itr manifolds but im not 100% certain on the ctr

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the B16B intake manifold and throttle body would make more power. It's better built for more top end power. Larger plenum and fatter runners. But considering that you'd have to buy this intake manifold off of your friend, i'd say you'd be better off picking up something aftermarket or going up to an ITR manifold instead

KillaGuizEj8Si it would help it breath better and possible be better on the top end. I know skunk2 are copys of the itr manifolds but im not 100% certain on the ctr
The first version of the skunk2 intake manifold is an ITR copy, their newest design is slightly better in terms of top end performance (way up in the rev range)

EG2 LX

CTR and ITR's used the same exact intake manifold.

emerican

Registered VIP
since you have to take off the intake mani and tbody anyway i would personly go with skunk2 intake mani and tbody and since you will need a new one anyway while the intake mani is off id get a hondata thermal im gasket. Not cheap, but worth it IMO.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CTR and ITR's used the same exact intake manifold.
yeah yeah, you're right...the throttle body was different between them. like 2mm or something small like that. my bad