P72 obd1

blackEG

5+ Year Member
hey guys i got 92 eg hatch with b16a2 running obd1 p72. i wanna know what i need to chip the ecu? can i get the EPROM from radioshock? is it hard to chip it?

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get the chipping kit from various places on the net. Check the sponsors page for anyone that sells ecus. I can supply you everything you need if you wish.

Also it isn't very hard to chip the ecu if you are decent at soldering small circuits. But if this is the first time you would be soldering.. i would just suggest having someone do it for you.

blackEG

5+ Year Member
yea can u gimme an idea what i need and can i buy it at any electronic store? its gonna be my first time to chip ecu but i got a spare one where im gonna practice soldering and desoldering. do i need to buy differnt soldering gun, and what kind of soldering wire i can use?

blackEG

5+ Year Member
guess what i found out? my ecu is chipped already but i wanna change the basemapand do datalog.. what program i can use to datalog?

blackEG

5+ Year Member
anyone? i got another question can i use the CROME 1.5 using desktop coz i dont have laptop? DO i need the car running to DATA LOG?

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone? i got another question can i use the CROME 1.5 using desktop coz i dont have laptop? DO i need the car running to DATA LOG?
You do need the car running to do any logging... since it is all real time data you are getting.

You need a logging cable and a program that supports logging. Like Crome Pro, Uberdata, ectune, neptune, etc.

But normal Crome 1.5 doesn't support directly through the program... you would need to use a program called freelog to log if you use a non-pro version of crome.

illusive

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys i got 92 eg hatch with b16a2 running obd1 p72. i wanna know what i need to chip the ecu? can i get the EPROM from radioshock? is it hard to chip it?
If you dont know exactly what you need to do I would sway you from doing it yourself unless you have experience soldering and desoldering.

There is alot more to setting up your ecu currectly then just chipping it. I would highly suggest having someone tune your car rather then finding a basemap off the internet. If you plan on programing your own chip you will need a chip burner also found from either of these companies.

www.moates.net
www.phearable.net