p90x?

ItsDetox

have you ever done it? know anyone thats done it? ive been looking through reviews and watching people's logs on youtube and the results overall seem pretty impressive.. i havent read or seen one bad thing about p90x yet. im currently 6'1" and 250lbs, i want to try and get around 200, and my overall goal is 185 and im going to build muscle mass from there.

do you guys have any tips or anything to help me out? any suggestions for a different program? im open for anything, thanks!

;)

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend does it. He didn't stick to the diet plan fully, but you could still some weight loss and toning. Its all about dedication, like any work out regime. Stayed dedicated and focused on your goal, you shall prevail.
I looked at P90X, thought it was cool, but I like my current regime.

Also, my friend recently started his second round of the program(he started another 90 days). I think he is doing the lean program this time.

Just be dedicated and focused and you'll get the desired weight you want.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my gf has the P90X i've done it w/her it's pretty damn intense, just to get through a full hour is an accomplishment for me.

lovevii

My best friend does p90x and he likes it. I'm partial to the INSANITY workout...
I felt like I was gonna die 5 minutes in... haha It really is INSANE.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ haha thanks man now I don't feel like a f**kin weakling :D I did die, but the vid teaches you how to flex your heart so I got her pumping again on my own ;)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've heard plenty of great things about P90X from friends with personal experience... however, I've never actually done it myself.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
P90x is great as long as you take your time to work through it. It may start out kind of tough, but you move at your own pace, and until you feel more comfortable with it... then you can pick up the speed. That's all I have to say.

Good luck!

JDeg6

Just to be honest if your planning on doing anything like this i'd get a gym membership...
With p90x your limited in workouts, and exercises. With a gym membership you have a WIDE range of things and regimens to do...From personal experience i'd go with a gym membership...
-A gym membership + a good diet plan= Success!!!!

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just to be honest if your planning on doing anything like this i'd get a gym membership...
With p90x your limited in workouts, and exercises. With a gym membership you have a WIDE range of things and regimens to do...From personal experience i'd go with a gym membership...
-A gym membership + a good diet plan= Success!!!!
And, you obviously know nothing about the p90x program.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i don't think i've ever hurt that much from a machine or free weight.

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i don't think i've ever hurt that much from a machine or free weight.
^^ this man speaks the truth! I used to have a gym membership to LA fitness for a few years. Went there @ 5 a.m everyday religiously. I made some huge changes to my body but then i just plateaued . super frustrating. I did one week of p90x and was so sore to the point where I couldnt hustle @ my job. ( dental assistant) So i had to give it up for the time being. i wanna start again and commit to the whole 90 this time. All that jazz about muscle confusion?? its LEGIT Tony Whorton is a f**kin beast!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
P90x focuses mainly on losing weight and getting toned, some what. Right? By using dumbells and pull up bars, etc... Will get you past "plateaus" for P90x simply because you're using weight that's not relatively heavy (as like a 100+lb dumbbell, etc)...

Your body can put out so much more before it hits a plateau luls...

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im doing it right now
but i dont drink the recovery drinks and stuff and thats what gives you the most muscle growth i think
but yeah i was sore for 4 days after the first workout
i used to go to gym time to time but this is better cuz you have it at home
looking forward to doing it tonight lol

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did p90x and am starting my 2nd round. I love it. I used to go to the gym and i never ever saw results as fast as i did doing this. but the main thing it comes down to is you HAVE to eat right and you HAVE to commit yourself to do it because it will kick your ass the first week and into the 2nd week. There were days where i would get out of bed..do my work out and then sleep and not move the rest of the day because i was that sore and that tired.

ItsDetox

thanks alot guys for the feedback.. i actually used to be in great shape, i was a linebacker for a football team, had a six pack, ran the mile in about 7 and a half mins, but ever since my graphic design business blew up all i do anymore is sit at the computer and work.. like i said, now i weigh 250lbs and i doubt that id even be able to run a half a mile. i figured i NEED to try p90x, i have nothing to lose.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel ya man about sittin at the computer all day and what not. I'm a graphic and web designer...although im no where near your weight/height. No offense. I'm like 5'6 140lbs.

But to answer your question...Yes it does work. But you really have to stay focuses and dedicated. And the way you eat is the MOST important. I can't stress that enough.

I don't do the P90x workout, but I have personally done it with a friend a few times. I've definitely seen him change and bulk up. I do the Insanity workout, which is harder and more effective with no weights or equipment involved. Insanity is a s**t ton of cardio/plyometrics/interval/circuit training. And your literally burning 800-1,000 calories in an hour if you really stick with it and push yourself. I started seeing results seriously the first week i started and I'm looking the best I have ever had. I'm sure you get fast results with P90x too, but I just wanted to do a quick comparison to give you options. So it kinda just depends on what you like and/or feel would be best for you...weights/equipment v.s cardio insanity.

Hope this was helpful and good luck to ya. Let us know if you start P90x or some other program, and let us know how you like it.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanted to use P90X, but I didn't have the equipment, so I picked up Insanity. I feel Like I have better energy now and can do more things. P90X sounds really good though.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My brother does P90x and has been getting good results.

The bottom line seems to be that you need to stick to the nutrition plan in order to see any real results. Regardless of the program, working out is only half of the battle; properly fueling yourself in conjunction with your exercises makes up the rest.