Paint door handles on ES1?

tjcharm

i have a silver honda civic ES1 and im considering painting the door handles black what do you think? and if i use good paint it should not effect function right.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's ur car, up to you really. Why do u want to I paint match ur handles? Also as long as you tape off the key hole and around the handle you should be fine. IMO use plastic dip that way If u change ur mind it's reversible. Platic dip is a colored rubberized spray. You tube it =)

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the lower model civics like the DX,LX had un painted door handles and trim so you would be making your car look like a lesser model.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally, I think color matched handles look much better. Some cars pull of the black trim very well but painted black and unpainted are not going to have the same look. If that's the look you're going for I would just replace them with unpainted pieces. If you do decide to paint them, you'll have to sand and primer just like any other paint job.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could use say a 3M matte black vinyl wrap it would be alot cheaper then paint you can easily install it yourself and if you don't like it just peel it off.