Paint Issue * The Only Way to Fix Is Paint Again?

tsujbtc

Hey everybody,

I hav e paint issue in my car. I just want to know is possible repair/fix this one, or I should Paint againg all the car.

Best regards
JB.

Last edited:

jacobs23

Hey bro, need more info, how old is the paint on there now? What is the area you wanna fix? Like door , trunk , hood? Do you have the same paint color thats on the car now? Send more info

tsujbtc

Hi Brother I dont know how to upload a picture here in the Forum, could you help me with that one? I was tried but unsuccesfully

Is honda Civic 2000 Green Color i Dont want to change the color just repair the Hood

JB

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need to say whats wrong with the paint at least. A picture would definitely clarify what your trying to fix. Basically your post was like saying, " I've got this car, but its got issues. Should I fix it or buy a new one?"

tsujbtc

Hello Guys

Please see the link below is the issue that I have in my car paint, I want to know if the only way is re-paint the car,

Or exist another way to solve

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe you can just redo the hood, repaint it yourself i dont think fixing that clear coat will be it. sanding it down priming and such. if money is no object find a hood the same color or take it to get repainted by someone else.

so with that in mind so i dont have to create another thread what is the process for repainting a hood? i am tackling a cf hood to paint, it is already beat up but i have preped the hood for what after?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hello Guys

Please see the link below is the issue that I have in my car paint, I want to know if the only way is re-paint the car,

Or exist another way to solve

pretty much it needs to be repainted, nothing you do now, the paint is not there anymore

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe you can just redo the hood, repaint it yourself i dont think fixing that clear coat will be it. sanding it down priming and such. if money is no object find a hood the same color or take it to get repainted by someone else.

so with that in mind so i dont have to create another thread what is the process for repainting a hood? i am tackling a cf hood to paint, it is already beat up but i have preped the hood for what after?
are you wanting to paint the carbon? or just clear it? is you just want to clear it, then just make sure its clean ( use wax and grease remover) and shoot it with about 4-5 coats of clear.

tsujbtc

I want the clear it, just that, and if exist onther way to polish or somethhing like that before repaint, another question i have, if i paitn the hood again, Do i have to paint Whole the Car ?

Regards and thanks for the advises.

Regards
JB

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What you have is called clear coat failure. There is NO fix other than repainting.

You don't have to paint the whole car, but I would recommend it. It is more than likely the whole car is on it's way to looking like that. Especially the roof and trunk. Unless the hood isn't from that car originally.

At the least you are going to want to blend in with the front fenders, bumper, and front doors so that the faded paint on the rest of the car won't stand out as much. Let's face it, the car is over 11 years old. If it is the original paint, it is going to be faded. The hood shows that it wasn't taken care of and is likely the rest of the car is in the same book.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
On my cf hood I was hoping just black primer and possibly clear coat g there are too many spider cracks to just buff out and hide.how many coarTs of primer needed for a black painted hood and then clear coat?cf hoods are just played out for me

Ace92028

Gold Member
no you dont need to paint the whole car if its just the hood that is fuged up. If the top of the car/sides/back are all looking like that then yeah i would just repaint the whole thing. However since im guessing its just the hood, you only need to do that before it starts cracking/rusting and you need a whole new hood. I painted my truck when i owned a truck..and it didnt turn out soo good haha, so i would probably go to a professional if you want to make it to be closest to orginal color.Probably going to cost a couple hundred