painted a 4 wheeler last night

KeeleDesign

5+ Year Member
our new body man had asked me to camo his 4 wheeler and i said no prob, he gave me free raign and this is what i came up with.

\

KeeleDesign

5+ Year Member

john is on the left this is his , i painted for him

with a flash so you can see the depth of the 22 layers of paint and candies

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL I didn't look at who posted, I get about 4 pics down and I said I KNOW WHO DID THIS lol sure enough... Ha man your work is always the s**t... =) looks sick

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The paint work is great....just shame to think someones gonna crash that ATV and all of that work is gone

KeeleDesign

5+ Year Member
always someone negitive, I'm better than just putting paint down... i've painted many racing 4 wheelers that have taken abuse for years,,, scuffed up is all thats really happend, when you use the correct additives for plastic, and flex into your primer sealer paint and clear, their is never an issue.. although it is a 4 wheeler crap will happen, but it's still gona look better than a new one at a dealer in my opinion.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can appreciate the time that went it into, but that doesn't scream camo at me, that screams "Random paper tears and bright colors"

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The paint work is great....just shame to think someones gonna crash that ATV and all of that work is gone
Dude it's not like it is some kids ATV! I am sure the guy (looking at him in the background) is not gonna go "crash it" ... I am sure like Keele said it will get use but not beat up!

always someone negitive, I'm better than just putting paint down... i've painted many racing 4 wheelers that have taken abuse for years,,, scuffed up is all thats really happend, when you use the correct additives for plastic, and flex into your primer sealer paint and clear, their is never an issue.. although it is a 4 wheeler crap will happen, but it's still gona look better than a new one at a dealer in my opinion.
It looks 100000000000000000 times better bro! Love it! And as far as scratches! What about like skate board tape for the edges where it might get some scratches? Would look cool too! =)

thats pretty funny, thanx
HA you always blow me away! Still gonna have you do some stuff for me when I get more money! Might throw some idea's your way

I can appreciate the time that went it into, but that doesn't scream camo at me, that screams "Random paper tears and bright colors"
It is a modern Camo... camo is to blend not be "Uniform" and it is meant to stand apart from the others...

yeah it screams f**kin badass,
:word:

KeeleDesign

5+ Year Member
interesting.....;)
i can assure you it's not paper tares,
and it's far from being bright,, you must be reffering to the flash photos, as the non flash photos are closer to the color in person.
I am not a camo person myself.. and it seems you have one camo design in mind and mine just happens to not match that.... you are 100% correct.
I made this camo how i wanted it. not to copy everyother redneck design out their. if i were to make modern warefare game, i'd make this one of the urban type camo's! lol

to each their own, but come on, don't get closed minded like most people and tell me it doesn't resemble camo... when it does, in my own way =)

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
interesting.....;)
i can assure you it's not paper tares,
and it's far from being bright,, you must be reffering to the flash photos, as the non flash photos are closer to the color in person.
I am not a camo person myself.. and it seems you have one camo design in mind and mine just happens to not match that.... you are 100% correct.
I made this camo how i wanted it. not to copy everyother redneck design out their. if i were to make modern warefare game, i'd make this one of the urban type camo's! lol

to each their own, but come on, don't get closed minded like most people and tell me it doesn't resemble camo... when it does, in my own way =)
I don't have one camo in mind, but camo has a certain look to it, and this doesn't remind me of camo. It's a bad ass paint job, looks good, but to me, it doesn't resemble camo.

It is a modern Camo... camo is to blend not be "Uniform" and it is meant to stand apart from the others...
Camo is NOT meant to stand out apart. Camo is to blend into the surroundings. I don't understand this whole "Oh, man, this modern!" Movement.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just because I can't paint, doesn't mean I can't criticize. He posted up a thread, I gave my opinion. As an artist and as a grown up, he can take the opinion/criticism, or not.

Also as a graphic artist, I have experience in the art aspect of his creation.

Keep the bickering between you two to a PM please?

Last edited:

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't have one camo in mind, but camo has a certain look to it, and this doesn't remind me of camo. It's a bad ass paint job, looks good, but to me, it doesn't resemble camo.

Camo is NOT meant to stand out apart. Camo is to blend into the surroundings. I don't understand this whole "Oh, man, this modern!" Movement.
I am not saying stand out like Orange would... i am saying stand out from other ATV's.. Be different.. Not the same... Not standing out in the woods.... Also I am sure it is more designed just to be camo feel rather than full function... Although in the woods i am sure it would blend more than say my dad's red atv....

As far as the modern vs old... to me (opinion here) old camo is military round in shape and design 3 flat colors...

This is more modern in that now days people have changed the look over all of camo... It is more jagged edges and not always Flat paint....

This is my opinion... Not bashing your statement just saying what I think....

In the end, the paint is sick no matter what

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just because I can't paint, doesn't mean I can't criticize. He posted up a thread, I gave my opinion. As an artist and as a grown up, he can take the opinion/criticism, or not.

Also as a graphic artist, I have experience in the art aspect of his creation.

Keep the bickering between you two to a PM please?
No.. yes it pretty much does mean that because you suck you cant say anything about his painting.. It looks f**kin sweet and he did an amazing job on it. Exact same thing with college football, how people always say oh he's terrible blah blah, its like.. hmm well can you do better? no. then shut up. There's obviously a reason he's starting.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If the intent was to paint camo that would blend into the woods, then this paint job will likely not work. However if the intent was to create a badass work of art, with a camo theme, then you sir have succeeded :thumbs up:

As for everyone else, keep this on topic. You dont have to LIKE what the OP created, but lets stay on topic and provide some creative criticism if you are not a fan.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks pretty good.... i definitely wouldn't expect to blend into bush with that, but interesting for sure

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol not butt hurt simply stating an observation just as you did ... Just don't see that full grown adult wrecking a sick atv....

I do think some skate board tape on three corners and such would set it off to prevent that

Last edited by a moderator: