Painted my car for about 200 bux!

jasanp

5+ Year Member
did you use rattle can or gun? for people that are hatin on the rattle can and he did this with a can ... hats off to you my friend. if you could rattle can and not get any spots or paint blotches, thick or thin points and you were able to get it glossy using canned clear you are quite the painter. its much easier to paint with a gun than a can. specially painting large surfaces. how did you do this i wanna see a diy asap!!!
I used a Spray gun....but i've done some pretty good work with rattle can too.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did a $50 roll on paint job on one of my civics and it came out amazing..

do a write up asap please!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm..

well...

at least you did it yourself :shrug:

i dunno, not downing on you man; to be honest when i first opened this thread i was thinking "oh great, more roll on bullshit ruining cars" so props for not doing that to your car.

I don't see how people think it looks good though, to be completely honest. It's orange pealed as hell, hazed over and wavy as s**t (did you do any of the body work IE: fix dents, or just spray it).

I'd be curious to see how it holds up over the course of a year. Again, don't get me wrong; props for saving money and taking on a task of your own, and props for it not being a roll on. But it could definitely improve by a lot, by no means is it 'shop' or 'customer' worthy IMO.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hmm..

well...

at least you did it yourself :shrug:

i dunno, not downing on you man; to be honest when i first opened this thread i was thinking "oh great, more roll on bullshit ruining cars" so props for not doing that to your car.

I don't see how people think it looks good though, to be completely honest. It's orange pealed as hell, hazed over and wavy as s**t (did you do any of the body work IE: fix dents, or just spray it).

I'd be curious to see how it holds up over the course of a year. Again, don't get me wrong; props for saving money and taking on a task of your own, and props for it not being a roll on. But it could definitely improve by a lot, by no means is it 'shop' or 'customer' worthy IMO.
Its. A. Two. Hundred. Dollar. Paint. Job. :roll:

Anyways, it looks good for the effort you put in, good job!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car looks good man.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its. A. Two. Hundred. Dollar. Paint. Job. :roll:
!
that's not the point :roll:

runupnr, a little dirty?

lol

here's $200 in material:

from a distance

it's scratched up, dented, and beat up now but that was just after i painted it last summer.

The point wasn't the cost, or his effort. Like i said, at least he did it! Whats a step ahead of most people, is committing to actually repainting their own car.

If he keeps doing it and gets more practice, things will start to flow better/look better, etc. It takes time, practice, patience, and lots of f**king up to learn how to paint.

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
wow man looks very good i actually just used a rattle can to repaint my fenders and front bumper from grey to black just so it kinda matches but deff wanna get a paint job and would love to do it by myself so please do a write up asap!!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man. But, it does look like it could use a wetsand and buff. Nice job on body work, as black will show all the errors but, take time with wet sanding and buffing and it'll look even better

jasanp

5+ Year Member
that's not the point :roll:

runupnr, a little dirty?

lol

here's $200 in material:

from a distance

it's scratched up, dented, and beat up now but that was just after i painted it last summer.

The point wasn't the cost, or his effort. Like i said, at least he did it! Whats a step ahead of most people, is committing to actually repainting their own car.

If he keeps doing it and gets more practice, things will start to flow better/look better, etc. It takes time, practice, patience, and lots of f**king up to learn how to paint.
:word:

I only did the front end, spoiler, and rear bumper....which are all new parts..so any dents or scratches on the rest of the car havent been done. Plus I should add that, this was actually my first time ever painting a car.

For everyone who wants a write up, i'm working on one as we speek! ;)

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

I only did the front end, spoiler, and rear bumper....which are all new parts..so any dents or scratches on the rest of the car havent been done. Plus I should add that, this was actually my first time ever painting a car.

For everyone who wants a write up, i'm working on one as we speek! ;)
Gotta learn man, everyone starts somewhere. The first car I painted looked the same, just keep practicing and working at it. Those pictures are only wet sanding/buffing a few little pieces of dirt in the clear out, the whole truck was not wet sanded/polished.

Again -- not downing on your work, or your effort, just not getting where people are coming from with 'it looks awesome' and what not.

Ethan98civ

dam! thats amazing for 200 !! great job!! i have done bout 5 sets of rims trucks and cars for my friends wit can and done some good work ! i have also done alot of night shade to tail lights !

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That really needs a wet sanding and some buffing/polishing. There is no shine in that hood at all.

Good job though. Just bring that shine out.