Painting my 96 Hatch

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
Im new to the forum. Have been a member of 7thgencivic for a while. Sold my 02 turbo civic...bought a brand new 05 rsx-s... then I rode a crotch rocket and decided to sell the rsx...got a brand new bike and brand new truck.

I recently bought a 96 red hatchback. The car is 100% stock...but have pretty big plans for it. I just bought a JDM h22 for it..which I will be putting in over the winter.

Im having the car painted next weekend, and havent yet decided which color to paint it. I dont want red, red isnt my color. My rsx was vivid blue pearl, and I liked that a lot... but i also like gunmetal...or a nice jade green.

Just looking for some opinions on a good color to paint the hatch. Im painting the mirriors, side sill... eveyrthing... nothing will be unpainted.

Also, if you have pics of this car custom painted, id love to see them.

Thanks in advance.

Tyler

95SiDanO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive always liked blue...i think it goes pretty well...

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
Likewise... everything I own is blue. and always has been... i love it.

Im just wondering if I should try something different...seeing how a lot of people are going with blue these days... I want to be a little different.

I remember a superstreet article back about a year ago and a guy in there had a 94 hatch and did a lot of the same things Im going to do to mine. He had it painted a green type of color, and it looked raly nice

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Once my coupe is painted I will post pics. Until then you'll have to wait to see the color:twisted:

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
Whats the color called?

Thanks for the replies guys. Im picking up the paint this afternoon...so i have to decide soon

vietboycu

5+ Year Member
go something similar to electric blue pearl but a little more purple. it looks sweet. my boy had it on his crx and it look blue during tha day and purple at night.

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
Im probably going to go with a blue, but do a black primer, hoping that the blue will be a little darker, but still bright

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How about that blue that comes on the 7th gen's....its nice and bright only in the sun.

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
I just got married 7/7/07...and they all told me that they lie to you from the first second they say "I Do"...because really they mean, "I do......Not, f**k no more."

So yeah. there getting a little blue! Have no worries though, masturbation is sex with the person you love the most!

Blue or Black, im down to the two

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
Black or Blue....Black or Blue... anyone have pics of theres?

Lowered...all painted... stock everything else...

Thanks

saga boy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats the point! paint it whatever u want try to be different i hate seeing the same stuff don;t be an oxy or a dup!:word:

2002silverex

5+ Year Member
Bit the bullett last night and went with Vivid Blue Pearl. Now it will match my 05 rsx-s, and my 06 gsxr750... i love blue