Painting my civic

evolution north

So since people on this site were very helpful about the bodykit/lip kit thread i will ask for some opinions.

I am repainting my car in summer when my rims go back on and the lip kit will be going on but i cant decide on which color. i have narrowed it down to 4 colors, 4 completely different colors but i like them all.

Here are the colors:

Synergy Green Metallic Clearcoat (new camaro color)
Burnt Copper Metallic Clearcoat
Electric Blue Pearl
Candy Apple Red Metallic

I will be putting a black lip kit on it and have black headlights/taillights/grill and smoked fog lights etc.. Anyways i think the Synergy Green with a Metallic Clearcoat would look good with the black but want some more opinions about the paint choices. It is a bright color and would really stand out but would it look good on a civic?? let me know what you guys think!

BonyCatfish

I think green can look trashy pretty easily, blue and red are safe colors, but copper could come out really nice. Before we painted our cars, we put them in photoshop and tested how they would look in different colors.
Plus, your car probably won't always be "show-clean", so what colors will look good when it needs a new wax after a few days of driving?
Any of those colors are going to stand out, but how much do you want to stand out? A neon green corvette really stands out, but it looks like someone is begging to be seen, a subtle red would look much better in that situation.
Just some things to consider, it is your Civic.

evolution north

I vote blue
i like the blue to but im trying to concider my rims (in my avatar pic) and the black lip kit that will be on the car along with the black headlights and tail lights and all, i think green goes nicely with the black but it would really stand out which is the thing. The blue i think might be just a little to dark to bring out the black parts but i may be wrong about that but it is a really nice color. The copper and candy red i havent put to much thought into yet, i just think they look really nice. I would stick with the stock red but the paints peeling, its old, faded, fenders need some work when it gets painted. i think if im going to get the work done and then repaint the car im better off to go with a color that will look really good and that i like rather then sticking with red, even though theres nothing wrong with the red, its just a common color and id like something a little different which is why that camaro green caught my attention.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go white. White is very clean. Even if it isn't "different," it still looks very clean as well nice.

emoney803

5+ Year Member
Idk if you painted your car yet .... But the green sounds too much ... Also are you willing to spend nd go the extra mile nd have everything painted... Ex ... Door jams ... Engine bay ... Underneath the hood nd trunk ... They charge extra for little details you would think would be included ... If your not goin to spend the extra money on that stay with the red ... Nd black matches anythin ... So the colors listed would be fine with the car ... Also if your rims are in mint condition ... Nd only if they are ... Consider matching the rims BUT leaving the lip chrome ... But personally the 99 - 00 si red would stand out nd bring you attention a lot more then the si blue ... Copper is not too common but its gettin there ... Nd the overly exaggerated green im thinking of is too " ricey show-offy " type of ordeal ... White is way too common ... But that's my opinion ... Keep us updated ...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK so I gotta ask, what is wrong with the color your car is now? Post some pics of your car... FYI people are going to flame you for it (Just warning) due to the rims/body kit... But I want to see the rims and the color now to see whats going on you know?

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless you plan on getting your bay painted too, stay with red.

evolution north

i would be getting door jams and everything painted guys, dont worry im not taking the cheap way out on this. The car doesnt look too "ricey" right now but i have included a pic of the paint peeling, theres a couple more spots but this is the most noticable cause its right behind drivers door. Also the rims were only on the car for about a month before i took them off for the winter so they are in really good shape. Heres some up-to-date pics of the car. Still have some work to do like get rid of that dual exhaust, put some stock height springs in it, just a little body work to re-allign everything nicely and put my stock rear bumper on once that extra pipe is out of there.

Summer rims can be seen in my avatar pic.

about half of the cleaned off area is peeled off. kinda hard to see in the pic

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
I think if you are only in those 4 colors go orange it is a very shiny color, and yet very rare on these cars

evolution north

I think if you are only in those 4 colors go orange it is a very shiny color, and yet very rare on these cars
i was thinking about the orange as well, i looked around town today and didnt see any vehicles with a nice orange and it doesnt stand out and scream HERE I AM LOOK AT ME lol so i think it would be a nice color to go with. The green does scream for attention a little to much, the blue i just dont think the blue would go with the car so im down to the orange or the red.

93Civicspeed

Well the Blue and black will look nice together as well, I mean or if you feel like it shoot the black peice in some deep graphite gray

evolution north

Well the Blue and black will look nice together as well, I mean or if you feel like it shoot the black peice in some deep graphite gray
not sure if this is what you meant but a 2 tone paint job might look nice, especially with the darker colors. But not like the typical bottom half 1 color top half different color, i mean like. run a wavy edge along the car and start from about half way back or transition into the other color. Maybe even a tri-coat? i got a couple months to figure this out.