painting steelies white?

iwannacivicsi

hey guys, i have a black 00 civic ex with the hubcaps still on it. i am low on money and hate the hubcaps so i was thinking about painting the steelies white. do you think a black civic with white steelies will look good or should i just paint them black?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just keep them black, steelies aren't exactly nice wheels so you don't want to make them a focal point. Do you have stock hubcaps? If so I would just leave them as is until you can afford to buy some wheels.

iwannacivicsi

Just keep them black, steelies aren't exactly nice wheels so you don't want to make them a focal point. Do you have stock hubcaps? If so I would just leave them as is until you can afford to buy some wheels.
do you know where i can find a picture of what it looks like with white steelies? i feel like my car is so plain...lol

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My ex thought it was an awesome idea to paint his steelies white on his EJ1. It looks like garbage. Don't do it.

Just paint them black if painting them at all, and seriously just save your pennies for some real wheels.

iwannacivicsi

My ex thought it was an awesome idea to paint his steelies white on his EJ1. It looks like garbage. Don't do it.

Just paint them black if painting them at all, and seriously just save your pennies for some real wheels.
haha alright...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just leave your hubcaps on till you can afford wheels, dont be the tard in a civic with steelies and actually think it looks cool.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

these dont look too bad...
They look they would go on a riding lawnmower. Find some wheels on Craigslist, there is usually a lot in the Chicago area. Boredom often results in bad decisions when it comes to modifying cars.

iwannacivicsi

They look they would go on a riding lawnmower. Find some wheels on Craigslist, there is usually a lot in the Chicago area. Boredom often results in bad decisions when it comes to modifying cars.
i would do that but i dont know what wheels would fit my 14in tires

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
keep your hubcaps,

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry im new to doing stuff and buying stuff for my car... but wouldnt it be sketchy buying tires from someone on craigslist?
No, just check for tread wear, dry rot, matching tires. And really messed up wheels. I bought my Rotas of CL

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^

Shhhhhh. Not helping!!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it'd be cool to tape off the steelies and make it 5 spoke so when your done painting it it looks like a 5 spoke wheel =)