parking/running/intermediate lights relay is where, on 1993 civic?

cmg

5+ Year Member
i have a 1993 Civic 2dr hatchback. the parking/intermediate/running lights/instrument cluster lights or whatever the lights that run at night but not the headlights do not work. Headlights both beams, brake lights , reverse lights, back up lights, signal lights are FINE, they work. No blown fuses, no blown bulbs, relays in the black box by the battery in the engine compartment are fine. I have been told that this vehicle does/does not have a relay. The local Honda dealers want me to bring it in so they can have a look and take $250 from me. Parts/service guys would/couldn't tell me over the phone if it has a relay. I took apart the switch on the steering column and cleaned it so i don't think that's the problem. So does this vehicle have a relay for parking/intermediate/running lights and where is it? what does it look like? Can anyone provide a link? told a service guy that the secretesie behind this relay is better than the CIA.

Last edited:

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only things I can find for the parking lights are a fuse in the Underhood fuse/relay box or It's your switch. From what I got was that your dash lights do not come on with the parking lights. Does it turn on when you have your headlights on?

cmg

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the responses. Nope the instrument dashboard lights or the rear brake lights do not come on when the headlights are on. unfortunetly the fuses are fine. the only thing that works are the head lights. stop lights when the pedal is pressed and rear backup lights. There's a parking light relay on sale on eBay for a 1993 but the seller didn't tell me where it was located.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is no relay for these lights in a USDM vehicle. Canadian models have a daytime running light relay, but does not include the dash lights.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im seeing a fuse number 11, 10A under the dash. There really cant be much more than a fuse. Go through and check them all with a test light while you have your parking lights on

cmg

5+ Year Member
"There is no relay for these lights in a USDM vehicle. Canadian models have a daytime running light relay, but does not include the dash lights. "

Thanks for the straight answer. Amazing i contacted 6 local dealers no one could give me a straight answer. instead alot BS about letting thier shop make 70$/hr on searching for a solution. i'll be doing the fuse swap and search later today. thanks