Pass headlight keeps burning out.

AChase

5+ Year Member
My pass headlight keeps burning out and I can't figure out why. I tested the fuse and that was fine, I tested the fuse part where the fuse plugs into and that was getting 12v as well, and they I check the Plug that plugs into the headlight and that was reading 12v also. I can't seem to figure this out and have gone threw 3 sets already. Any help would be appreciated.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eventually the bulb's wire harness gets corroded and can create a short on the bulb. try replacing the harnesses (about $5 each)

AChase

5+ Year Member
eventually the bulb's wire harness gets corroded and can create a short on the bulb. try replacing the harnesses (about $5 each)
Not to sound like a complete idiot here, but is that the part that has the outlet shaped plug to plug into the bulb, if it is I have already replaced borh of them and have the same problem.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not to sound like a complete idiot here, but is that the part that has the outlet shaped plug to plug into the bulb, if it is I have already replaced borh of them and have the same problem.
yeah, that's the harness; looks like a wall outlet kinda. if your lights are still shorting out after replacing those im thinking there's a short somewhere else on the wiring. possibly even the switch or the relay

khooper

5+ Year Member
Probably the voltage regulator is toasted. Use a multimeter and measure the voltage output with the engine speed well above idle speed.