passanger window falls off track

JDMCoupe97

Morgan
5+ Year Member
when i roll up my window (manual) near the top the higher corner (right side of window) slides down a little so i have to pull it back up and it wont stay in between the strips of weather stripping...how do i fix this?

Edge777

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure if it's the same, but this happened with my driver's side door. It came out of the front track, and was only able to slide up part of the way (in cold snowy weather yet). I took the door panel off (remove the screws from the handle and other plastic molded parts, pull them out), being careful with the plastic clips. If any clips stay in the door, pull them out using the correct tool and re-install them on the door panel. At the front of the door is a bolt, undo that, reposition the track with the window down, reinstall the bolt. Check to see if everything is working, and reinstall the door carefully aligning the plastic clips with the holes.

JDMCoupe97

Morgan
5+ Year Member
Awesome, thanks! I took the door apart this morning to check it out, and noticed pieces of glass wedged in the weather stripping so I assume this isn't the orig. window and they may have screwed up when installing it, I just bought it 3 weeks ago, so I have no idea. Thank you, I hope this will work!

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very common problem. If you need help check out the how to section, there is a good write up in there with pics. Don't forget to use a good rubber lube to prevent it from happening again.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sucks man, I had my window come of the track last week in the cold rain while I was attempting to order at the mcyd's drive through. Should be relatively easy once u get the plastic covering off of the metal on the inner part of the door. I just unbolted the glass, picked it up and slide it right back into the slide. Good luck with that...

JDMCoupe97

Morgan
5+ Year Member
Ya that happened with my dads benz, but its was the back window, and it just went down on its own and would never go back up..shows you shouldn't buy german sedans that consume 8gallons of oil and 22 gal. of gas per tank. the window on my "HX" (not sure if it really is, just bought it,) is fine till about 3/4ths the way up then I have to just drag the top corner over and make sure it goes with the weather stripping correctly. I took it apart today and cant figure it out. when its all the way down, it doesnt slide at all?

OverboostSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah this happened to me like 4 times so far. It's really annoying. So where can I get rubber lube to prevent this from happening again???