Passenger door won't unlock :( HELP PLEASE!

sle418

5+ Year Member
I just got back from big bear and i couldnt unlock the passengers door. I tired to unlock it manually and it seems suck. Where should i go or how can i fix this problem. I NEED MY PASSENGER DOOR !! :(

RonJ

Banned
Pull off the door panel and inspect the lock mechanism.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pull off the door panel and inspect the lock mechanism.
X2
But RonJ, wouldnt it be hard to get the panel off without the door being open? I guess you could at least take off the handle peice without the door being open, and mess with the rod.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you try unlocking it from the inside?

sle418

5+ Year Member
LOL of course i tried unlocking it from the inside. Is there a special way to open the door with the doors close... any instructions i can look at or something thanks guys

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take the plastic peice off around the inside handle and see if you can find the rod connected to the unlock plastic knob. Mine has broke before and needed replacing.

HONDA_CIVIC_EJ8

5+ Year Member
i had the same problem a week ago but my door wouldnt lock and i couldnt lock it or unlock it manually either so i jus took it in and had someone look at it and it was the actuator that was broken. so you might have the same problem i had but instead your doors locked instead of unlocked like mine was.

RonJ

Banned
X2
But RonJ, wouldnt it be hard to get the panel off without the door being open? I guess you could at least take off the handle peice without the door being open, and mess with the rod.
Haha...I missed the fact that the door also could not be unlocked from the inside. Taking the door handle off and messing with the lock rod is worth a try. Otherwise, a tow truck might be able to unlock the door with a slim jim.

r34civic

5+ Year Member
gut the car, everything except the driver seat and steering wheel...lol just kidding, stick the key in from the outside, have one of the holmies, or girlfriend try to open it/unlock it from the inside....JIGGLE THE LOCK...lol (OUT COLD) a little inside joke for any snowboarders out there...but really, do that and see what happens, its happened to me bofore, then once you get the door open, pop that mofo off and see what going on in that slizzz

sle418

5+ Year Member
haha forsure! thanks guys ill do my best and not try to break anything useful ahah

snowboarding ftw! the snow was amazing at big bear for everyone whose been there!

**just for incase if i give up**
HONDA_CIVIC_EJ8 where did you go to for them to do that? just a autoshop, body shop or an alarm shop?

jasanp

5+ Year Member
This happened to me but on the driver side so i had to get out through the passanger side. The guys i took it to said its common for the lock piece to mess up...it should just be that.

sle418

5+ Year Member
Where did you go to? yeah hopefully thats it so i can get it over with raining so i cant do anything :( i need a garage !

jasanp

5+ Year Member
I went to a car locksmith...but make sure they dont f**k you like they did me. They charged me $100 bux to replace it with a used one..that including labor with wasnt much they had to do. The part on ebay is like 35 bux but I didn't have time to wait. All you need to do is take off the door panel off by removing a few screws and clips right off. Then the part is connected to the side off the door with 3 large screws. Pretty simply...wish I would have known then.

sle418

5+ Year Member
thank you very much! ill see how it turns out when it i can start on it Thanks again Jasanp!