Passenger Power Window No Power Not Working

RonJ

Banned
That is what I tested that wire for. Both the + positive V of the wire and the - V (ground) of the wire
Sorry. I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm well versed in electrical concepts and troubleshooting.

Maybe I should tell you what electrical tests to do and you post the results.

canadian_l3acon

Haha sure. I am sure that will help me as well. Just to clarify though, the blue wires are all positive wires, and the green wire is the ground wire right? I was testing each wire for both. Maybe that's where the confusion lies. Either way, let me know what I should test

RonJ

Banned
You can use the metal frame under the dash or the battery (-) post as ground for the voltage tests below.

Unplug the passenger window switch connector. Turn key to ON(II). In the free connector:

1) Test whether the Grn/Blk wire has battery voltage. It should.

2) Do the same voltage test on the Blu/Orn and Blu/Yel wires. They should not have voltage.

3) Do test (2) again but with the passenger switch in the driver's door pressed to either the up or down position. Post voltages for both positions for both wires.

canadian_l3acon

1) Test whether the Grn/Blk wire has battery voltage. It should.
12.5V. Grn/Blk has voltage
2) Do the same voltage test on the Blu/Orn and Blu/Yel wires. They should not have voltage.
Neither Blue/Or or Blue/Yel show any voltage. Both read 0
3) Do test (2) again but with the passenger switch in the driver's door pressed to either the up or down position. Post voltages for both positions for both wires.
This is where the reading is a bit wonky if you ask me. Blue/Or wire shows 0V when the switch is up and 12.5V when it is down. Blue/Yel wire reads 0V whether the switch is up or down.

RonJ

Banned
All of your voltage test results are as expected except this:

Blue/Yel wire reads 0V whether the switch is up or down.
...which confirms my suspicion that the Blu/Yel wire is broken in one of the door jambs. Repair the break and all window problems should be fixed.

canadian_l3acon

How do I go about getting at the door jam to do work there? do I take the front fender off? Or is it possible to do with everything in tact.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ron j is a badass he helped me with my window problems a few times, here is how my plug looked on the driver side door

canadian_l3acon

Hey there again. So I took the fender off today, popped the connector out. Sure enough RonJ you were right. The blue/yellow wire came loose. So now that we have diagnosed the problem, what is the best way to get it back in there? Solder?

RonJ

Banned
Push the corresponding pin out of the connector, resolder the wire to the pin, and reinsert pin+wire into connector. Done.

[/URL][/IMG]

canadian_l3acon

Solved. Because there was only 1 loose wire I just ran a single wire into the door. Connected the loose wire to the cut wire inside the door, then crimped them together. Both driver side and passenger side switches now operate the window correctly. Yes! Thanks for all your guys help!