Passenger Power Window Not Working

98Steven

5+ Year Member
My passenger side window is not responding to either the driver side or passenger side switch. It is in the up position and wont go down. It worked yesterday. Also, this morning before I got out of the car for school my head unit was restarting several times, maybe this is related? Headunit is fine now so does anybody know what happened to my window? I'm hoping its just a electrical issue and not a bad motor. The passenger window has always gone up slower then the driver side but I thought this to be a normal thing among 6th gen civics. Thanks for any help.

Ritoshi

5+ Year Member
First check your fuses, then I would just take the door panel off to see if you window motor get any power......

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe because it's getting colder out? My passenger window was going down very slow today.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure you do not have the "Window Lock" switch enabled in the driver side window control panel. Also, make sure that the 20A fuse is not blown, its located in the underdash fuse box. If neither of those is the problem, then I would suggest removing the passenger side door panel and testing the regulator motor to make sure its working properly.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, my passenger window used to go out sometimes. It used to do it every other week, where it won't work at all for a day. Then start working like normal the rest. It hasn't done it in a long time now. It was as if it had no power going to it, because it didn't even try to move.

I just assumed something was lose. It didn't bother me, but it bothered some of my passengers, haha.

RonJ

Banned
First check your fuses, then I would just take the door panel off to see if you window motor get any power......
Make sure you do not have the "Window Lock" switch enabled in the driver side window control panel. Also, make sure that the 20A fuse is not blown, its located in the underdash fuse box. If neither of those is the problem, then I would suggest removing the passenger side door panel and testing the regulator motor to make sure its working properly.
Maybe because it's getting colder out? My passenger window was going down very slow today.
I agree with all of these comments.

1) Make sure the master switch is not toggled to disable the passenger window.

2) Replace 20A fuse 10 under the dash with a known good fuse.

3) Pull the door panel off and check whether the passenger window motor has battery voltage when the switch is turned on. If so, replace the motor.

4) Spray some silicone lubricant into the rubber side channels where the edges of the window glass slide. This will keep the glass from binding and allow it to move more quickly.

98Steven

5+ Year Member
Omg I feel so stupid, it was the child lock switch. I have no idea how it got turned on seeing how I've never touched it in the year that I've been driving this car. Thanks for all the replies guys. I probly would have bought a new part or something if yall hadnt reminded me of the toggle switch. Thanks again :D

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:lol: lmao! I had a feeling that's what it was, thus why I mentioned it first. Glad it was nothing electrical and that the issue is now resolved :thumbs up

SteveOramA

My Power Window Problem

Ok, the child lock safety switch is not on, and the 20A fuse keeps blowing after replacing it when I try to use the window. All fuses under the hood are good. :???:

Any ideas on what I should check next, and how I need to go about it? Thank you