passenger window help needed

96cxgsr

5+ Year Member
maybe posting in this section will get me some answers. I recently bought a 96 4 door civic. on the way home I rolled the windows down and all but the front passenger window went down. I leaned over and pushed on the passenger switch and it went down but didn't come back up. I tried plugging a new motor and regulator, same problem. a buddy tested some of the wires (not sure which ones) and said it wasn't getting any power from the master switch. I replaced the master switch and still the same problem. I'm starting to lose my patience with this piece. I need help ASAP

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

gugiey

Registered VIP
So your window still won't go up ?
From any switch ? Like drivers and passenger switch ?

If your buddy tested the wires and found no power going to the switch then your gonna have to pull a wiring diagram and trace the wires from the
Passenger switch to where ever supply's the power .
Sounds like you got a broken wire .

You can also manually provide power to your window motor and get it to go
Up.

96cxgsr

5+ Year Member
ya I was hoping someone could tell me what wire lol. I looked at a wiring diagram and I'm illiterate when it comes to reading those but I'll look again

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

KleinMein

here's your diagram

http://postimage.org/image/uh2e7ltrt/

So from what I can understand, the switch from drivers side, does not move the passengers window up nor down. Right?
And from the passengers side switch, it only moves down. right?

You must check the passengers side switch. Check it to see if it's off. From what I see from the diagram, the up-down moves given from the master switch, go through the passengers switch. So if you have replaced the master switch with no result, your passenger switch may be off.
If the problem still exists, go further.
From the passengers side switch. You must check the 2 cables that go from the switch to the motor. (BLU/RED and BLU/WHT) Check them with a multimeter, and replace the damaged one.
Now check from the drivers side switch. Check both cables that go to the passengers switch. (BLU/YEL and BLU/ORN) again with a multimeter to see the continuously of both cables

hope it helps