Passenger Window Problem - Help Please

99CEX

I'm having some weird issues on my 97 Passenger side window fellas

Hopefully this makes sense:

When I close my passenger door (coupe) the window won't go up or down (it's not off track) ....

I have to open and close the door while pushing the window button down in order for it work (go up or down) after I close the door

.... otherwise if I open the passenger door, put the window down, and then close it again while not holding the switch - the window wont go up or down.

anyone experience this? I'm LOST and confused!

:(

akimm17

5+ Year Member
Never heard of this... Check child safety lock??

99CEX

Yeah I've played with that switch, not the problem. I switched the window switches from the Mrs' civic and it still does it when the door is closed, so I know it's not the switches .....

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe your wire harness that goes to the door is crimped or coming apart when the door is closed

does your power locks work while the door is closed too?

99CEX

Yeah, the power locks work when the door is closed - no problems there.

Today I noticed that the right front speaker and tweeter (passenger door) cuts off when the door is closed as well, yet the right rear speaker still has power.

I'm thinking a wire is getting crimped, but I could be wrong

xWIREMANx

Yea, like I was saying...you probably have a broken wire in the door boot. It will cut sound to both tweeter and mid cause they run off the same wires. As far as power at the speaker you will only get a correct reading wit a meter set on AC voltage and playing a solid tone from the deck. Speakers in you car play through alternating current not direct and you could get weird readings that may look like power even when one wire is not active.

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep sounds like crimped wires, might want to take a look at that

99CEX

just got a call. it's the door harness. replacing it today with a new one - deteriorated from age apparently, will keep updated

jpckash

Yea i have that same problem but mine just keeps comin out the track....its weird like my boy who does windows showed me and my track like gives and bends a little when i move the window. i think that part has ben recalled...gotta find out

99CEX

Mine wasn't coming off of the track. It was electrical related unfortunately.

When I closed the door, the window would NOT go down - only UP, nor would the front right speaker work. lol

Dealer had to order part, so the car will sit overnight at the dealership.

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine wasn't coming off of the track. It was electrical related unfortunately.

When I closed the door, the window would NOT go down - only UP, nor would the front right speaker work. lol

Dealer had to order part, so the car will sit overnight at the dealership.
cool glad you got it sorted out

99CEX

Thanks.

They just called me and said the wiring harness was discontinued from Honda. They repaired it and said everything works. I guess I''ll find out tonight after work.