Passwordjdm fenders...yay or nay?

henna_yatsu

I was thinking about buying some "jdm-spec" fenders from passwordjdm for my 98' civic but before I do, I wanted to get some feedback from people who have bought and installed them on their cars. I looked for answers on many forums, but the reviews are mixed. Some say that the aftermarket fenders fit well and others said that they fit horribly. If anyone has a pic of them installed on their car, that would really, really help me out.
I originally wanted to buy the jdm oem ek9 fenders with the sidemarkers, but they are too hard to find and I don't want to pay $200 for a set that may have dents and deep scratches in them.
I am aware that people cut their own fender holes, but I can't trust myself to do that. Besides, my fenders are dented anyhow :(
I hope someone can help me out on here. Thanks in advance!

CDubs

Registered VIP
they are a pretty good fit, i know some kids in my area that have them and only one fender was ever off just little but it wasnt by much at all i say go for it

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

henna_yatsu

sweet. thanks for the advice.
but does anyone have pics of a set installed? thats what I am truly after. Thanks!

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
I'd suggest getting OEM fenders, then practicing the cut on your dented fenders. It's way cheaper and you'll get OE fitment. Mine are "dented" if you will (paint chips, etc..) but I put mine on because I know they'll be replaced and now I know I can make the cuts myself.

Love4JDM

5+ Year Member
i got pwjdm fenders and i like them even though i gotta paint them so ya id say its worth it so u can get the sidemarkers and sh*t

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeahh dood get em. i have a pair ready to get painted.. i haven't test fitted yet but honestly i could visually see they were perfect.... imho instead of gettin them shipped... take a small road trip and pick them up from a store.. thats what i did and i opened it while i was there and inspected it..

henna_yatsu

I'd suggest getting OEM fenders, then practicing the cut on your dented fenders. It's way cheaper and you'll get OE fitment. Mine are "dented" if you will (paint chips, etc..) but I put mine on because I know they'll be replaced and now I know I can make the cuts myself.
interesting idea. i gotta find out how much oem fenders are and compare

i got pwjdm fenders and i like them even though i gotta paint them so ya id say its worth it so u can get the sidemarkers and sh*t
sweet. do you happen to have pics of them on your car?
yeahh dood get em. i have a pair ready to get painted.. i haven't test fitted yet but honestly i could visually see they were perfect.... imho instead of gettin them shipped... take a small road trip and pick them up from a store.. thats what i did and i opened it while i was there and inspected it..
picking them up sounds like an excellent idea. I'm planning on getting the car painted in the future, so yeah, i might end up doing what you did.

henna_yatsu

:admin2:
Thank you!!! I was looking for pics of them installed for months now. and they look great! After seeing how they fit on your car, im going to buy me a set for sure.
Thanks again!

19civic98

SiR coupe?
5+ Year Member
:admin2:
Thank you!!! I was looking for pics of them installed for months now. and they look great! After seeing how they fit on your car, im going to buy me a set for sure.
Thanks again!
Did you ever end up gettin these??? let me kno i got some feedback for ya.

Platinumcloud

passwordjdm fits like a condom...def worth not having to deal with the hassel def would buy them again in a heartbeat

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
i had a back experience with PWJDM. i had ordered a carbon fiber lip and when i got it the package was open and the lip was broken in half. took them 3 months to refund my money.

henna_yatsu

well guys, I didn't buy them yet. I'm actually saving my money to buy more expensive exterior parts such as a new spoiler first then the fenders and have them all painted at once (I'm also debating as to whether or not I should paint my whole car).
But on the subject of fitment, I've looked around and there are some password fenders that looked reallly clean on the car while others seemed to fit like crap. I guess I should look to find a way to buy the fenders in person.
But I really appreciate the feedback that I've been receiving on this forum. Keep 'em coming.

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box

here is a shot of my pwjdm fenders on my ex, they fit perfect, but my dumbass self didnt give the fenders equal gapping with eachother, so ones perfect, and ones too far apart from the door lol. i corrected it though

Last edited:

19civic98

SiR coupe?
5+ Year Member
here is a shot of my pwjdm fenders on my ex, they fit perfect, but my dumbass self didnt give the fenders equal gapping with eachother, so ones perfect, and ones too far apart from the door lol. i corrected it though
both of mine fit perfect but one sat perfectly flush and the other fit right but didnt sit flush. what do u mean you didnt give them equal gapping? how did you fix it? i want mine both to sit perfectly flush

jazzyJAE

Pandora's box
^^ there's a little extra space around the bolt, you know? The hole is a tiny bit bigger than the bolt, so that causes a little room for play, and on one fender I tightened it without making sure the space between the fender and door was equal on both sides, otherwise they're flush

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. go with painting the whole car since you are already investing alot on parts.

As for me, I bought aftermarket fenders and cut the holes for the side markers myself. fenders were weak as f**k. so I bought OEM fenders for a similar price and I will cut out the holes on those. Im low on cash and have plenty of time to kill. So I save money, Im planning on buying password jdm side markers too.

19civic98

SiR coupe?
5+ Year Member
yeah my fender will just need tweaking to sit flush but otherwise both fit great. sidemarkers pop right in and if u get headlights with them too you dont even need to wire up the sidemarkers they just plug dirctly into eachother, its nice. I was too scard to cut them myself im too much a perfectionist i wouldnt want to cut the hole uneven or in the wrong spot.

BUT to sum this up

PasswordJDM fenders yay in my mind