Pcm ?

jbo

ok so my car wont start and i have been through the hole process of elemnation from battery to starter to ignition to grounds to ecu and still no luck but i removed the glove box and there is a little black box on the right hands side of dash looks kinda like the main relay i belive it to be the pcm . when i turn my key over this box sounds like a dial up internet connection thats the best way i can describe it . has anyone ever had a promblem with one of these. oh and no cel light or maintance req

mattman3

got rice?
5+ Year Member
does the car turn over and no start or is it completely dead?

jbo

when you turn the key the lights come on radio come on there is no noise at all in the engine bay you dont even hear the fuel pump pime you attempt to turn it over nothing happens then when you turn the key back but still in the on postion this relay swith makes a noise as if it is searching for somthing but not getting a respone i put a brand new p28 in and try to crank it and the noise goes away but with the old p2p it makes noise . i opened the old ecu and nothing looks blown . i belive there is a bad ground some where when you turn the key to the on position the seat belt light and the srs airbag light is fully bright and the battery and oil lamp are dim there is no cel or the maintance required is still green the car just died at random . i opened up this switch and the main relay and nothing on the circuits look bad . i have tracked the wire harness all wires look good sensors look good all my volts are reading good i am truely stumped it has a battery relocation in the trunk with the ground going to the floor of the trunk and the power goes into the harness at the fuse box . and down to starter the car has been running strong for the last 4 months then this out of no where it has a jdm d15b but i think the head is y8 the stamp on the center above the exhaust is p2j-5 i bought the car with all this done to it im probley just gonna started replaceing things till something happens

d-proff

5+ Year Member
have u checked ur under dash harness sounds lik an ignition problem wher your started isnt getting the signal to turn over

Ej8Turbo

when you turn the key the lights come on radio come on there is no noise at all in the engine bay you dont even hear the fuel pump pime you attempt to turn it over nothing happens then when you turn the key back but still in the on postion this relay swith makes a noise as if it is searching for somthing but not getting a respone i put a brand new p28 in and try to crank it and the noise goes away but with the old p2p it makes noise . i opened the old ecu and nothing looks blown . i belive there is a bad ground some where when you turn the key to the on position the seat belt light and the srs airbag light is fully bright and the battery and oil lamp are dim there is no cel or the maintance required is still green the car just died at random . i opened up this switch and the main relay and nothing on the circuits look bad . i have tracked the wire harness all wires look good sensors look good all my volts are reading good i am truely stumped it has a battery relocation in the trunk with the ground going to the floor of the trunk and the power goes into the harness at the fuse box . and down to starter the car has been running strong for the last 4 months then this out of no where it has a jdm d15b but i think the head is y8 the stamp on the center above the exhaust is p2j-5 i bought the car with all this done to it im probley just gonna started replaceing things till something happens
Have you tested to see if the fuel pump get pwer?