PCV value in D16Y8

bennym

5+ Year Member
I can't find the PCV value on my D16Y8. Does anybody have a picture of where it is?

Thanks

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its above the oil filter and below the intake manifold. you can see a hose run right through the intake manifold, its attached to the pcv valve. its easiest to change if you have the oil filter off ( and have long skinny arms ) its pulls right out, no tools needed.

bennym

5+ Year Member
I am so stupid that I don't even know where the oil filter is, can you educate me a lttle bit?

bennym

5+ Year Member
picture

Is this the PCV value?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
here's my quick attempt at explaining it

yellow is where the hose goes throught the intake manifold
light blue circle is the intake manifold
pink circle is where the pcv valve is, on the end of the hose on the back side of the engine, it goes right into the block
green is where the oil filter is, right below the pcv valve

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh you posted that as i was drawing lol.

yeah thats the one you want, at the end is the pcv valve, don't pull on the hose, just use the hose to find it and pull the valve out by hand

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you pull the hose like that the hose will just come off without the valve, you're gonna have to get your hand up under there and grab the part itself. its a pain but you can do it without taking anything apart.

bennym

5+ Year Member
Are you serious? Let me see how I can get through that tiny space. Thanks man. I'll get back to you.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i jacked the car up and did it from underneath

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
i jacked the car up and did it from underneath
thats about the only way. jack the car up. get under it and take a look at the backside of the motor above the axles. you will see the oil filter, and just above it and to the passenger side of the oil filter is a black box. the pcv valve is sticking out of that black box and is pointed towards the driver side.

heres a pic i just took to help illistrate:

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tmak said:
Changing it is no problem, but it's locating it.. I did my oil change and could not even find the pcv valve anywhere.
lol, did you not read my post? there is a link on how to do it, it shows where the pcv valve is located, which is right above the oil filter.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tmak said:
What about PCV valve for a d16y7?
d16y8 and d16y7 are have the same blocks, therefore, its the same for the d16y8 and d16y7.