pcv valve installation

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
Its a TON easier with the intake manifold off. I couldnt get mine in because I had no leverage, then I took off the mani, and it popped right in. lol

Blue_EF

5+ Year Member
i used a big ass pry bar and jammed it in their from the top end to pop it out.. got underneight the car and used needlenose to undo the clamp and work the pcv valve off...changed it, got it back in the hole.. then pried it back in the hole with the pry bar... next time ill get thwe job done in less time i hope!

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used a big ass pry bar and jammed it in their from the top end to pop it out.. got underneight the car and used needlenose to undo the clamp and work the pcv valve off...changed it, got it back in the hole.. then pried it back in the hole with the pry bar... next time ill get thwe job done in less time i hope!

i hope your joking. you're lucky you didnt damage anything.

Blue_EF

5+ Year Member
i got frustrated with it and did what i had to do.. i hope nothing was damaged!!

UgP

Addicted to clubcivic.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I know this is old but I finally changed my PCV on my Y7... looked like it would be easy and at 1st it was until..... I had t put the lil hose back on... was shoulde've maybe taken me an hour tops took 2.5 hrs give or take but I got it in.. And I did it through the top.. I remove the bracket that hold the accel. cable to make enough room for my hand...

rsboy

5+ Year Member
The service manual pic helps but when i actually am looking at my engine bay, that PCV valve seems hard to find. hehe... I gotta figure out how to remove that air filter box.
Does removing the pcv valve from underneath the car make it easier than from the top? I might just do it when I change my oil and filter. It sounds like the pcv is a PITA to install.

I changed my fuel filter on my 98 Civic DX, about an hour ago and it took me about 45mins. I'm thinking the pcv valve might take more time. :( I guess it will have to wait another day. Bump for more help/info!

**UPDATE**
Tried to change it 10mins ago.. MAJOR PITA. :x I moved the throttle cable out of the way, but there is just no room for my hand to get in the space to pull the pcv valve out. I guess I will try it from under the car when i change the oil filter. :wak:

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well like they say 5 min is a lil fast, actually that is too fast! ive got monster hands and i can barely get a hold of the hose, why the hell is that one piece in that spot?! the fuel filter no prollem that was like cake but, but finding the pcv was hard cuz my old one is black and everything else is black.

but i think its easier for the EX models though, i havent seen where it it but by the sounds of it i bet it only takes 5 min for that :S

rsboy

5+ Year Member
Yeah the location of the PCV valve on the 98 DX really sucks! :x
I changed my oil and decided to change out the pcv valve as well. It was a bit more easier from under the car with the oil filter off. BUT it was still a PITA installing it with the lack of room to move around. It certainly is not as easy as the EX model setup. Good thing I won't be changing it out again anytime soon. I'm thinking another 86K miles. :lol:

The old oem one was barely clicking with all the crap in it, so hopefully the new one helps with gas mileage and what not.