PCV Valve

trlonmtv2

5+ Year Member
Today I was changin my Pcv valve, along with other things and it broke and when i attempted to get the black half out it crumbled and now is stuck inside, what would be the best way to get this out? what would be the easiest way to get to it?

Looked in the DIY Valve Change thread and saw this has happened to others, I need some help with this!
I also tried searching but its telling me its disabled.....

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use needle noses? if not just get a new hose.

trlonmtv2

5+ Year Member
i guess its the valvetrain, i have the new pcv valve in the hose already, the plastic is stuck in the hole

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you mean the part that goes in the hole of the valve cover is inside of it and can't get it out?

trlonmtv2

5+ Year Member
took off the intake manifold, got the plastic out and in the process my cel came on one was for evap and the other was for the knock sensor so it appears that my dad broke the knock sensor trying to fix the pcv... so now what?

trlonmtv2

5+ Year Member
replaced knock sensor.... as if it could get any worse, the thing right above the oil filter is broken too. what is it?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im not too sure, but i think that is the knock sensor.Anyone else want to jump on this.?

trlonmtv2

5+ Year Member
i replaced the knock sensor. unplugged the battery and no cel so everything is good not, i think
i was told it was the oil sensor... but its not throwing cel so im not gonna worry too much about it
Thanks

Eng. Tariq

5+ Year Member
that thing above the oil filter is the oil pressure sensor and it will not give you any CEL at all, it is the red ligth with oil can on your dash (on the left top side to your car speedometter), it will not turn on when there is low pressure in your engine

good luck